Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

35wks and contracting

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:59 AM
  • 4 Replies

i have been contracting for about 3 days. they are eratic contractions and was sent home the first day. the next day i went back dialated to 4cm and stopped so once again got sent home. this morning i used the restroom and my plug came out (which grossed me out) now im crapping and feel like i got to take a bowl movement every 30 min or so and each time i try more icky stuff comes out.... any advise

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Lots of things you can do to slow and stop contractions...     
What have yhou been trying?

Start with the obvious:   hydration (a lot!), nourishment, change setting-situation, relaxation, visualization, etc.

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I would go in again and have them stop the contractions. 35weeks is to early so I would personally feel better to have the contractions stopped again. Did they give you any restrictions or a certain med to take to help with uteran irritablity?

Meredithrocks
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Drink LOTS and LOTS of water, lay down, and take it easy. If they don't stop soon, I would suggest going to labor and delivery and having them check you out again.

Check out the new Teen Moms group!

A group exclusively for teen mothers under 20, to talk and ask questions of other teens, about the joys and struggles of teen motherhood!

To visit, click here! : Teen Moms!

whitepaw7
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:31 PM

unless they have stopped again, Go back to l&d, 4cm and plug out, you could be dilating more and it is earlier than you really want it to be. Feeling like you have to have a bowel movement can mean that the baby is low and putting pressure on them(beginning to decend). A friend of mine felt like that with all of hers when she was getting close to ready to push. Sometime nerves from getting to the hospital and being nervous form labor can slow or pause even real labor for a bit, but can quickly begin again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)