Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

40 weeks + 4 days no sign of labour yet :(

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:31 AM
  • 24 Replies

This is my 5th baby and I am now 40 + 4. I have known 4 other young girls all due around the same time as me with their 1st and they have all had their babies this week. It's upsetting, a lot of 1st timers go over....and I am the one who is over :(   I want my little man out! I have been sick for the last 2 weeks and have just started to get better the last couple of days but I am so ready for this pregnancy to be OVER!

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mdmooch
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Oh no!  My first little guy was 10 days late so I know how you feel!  Hang in there, it will be over soon!

BiPolarMomto3
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I feel ya momma!!!! Hawk was 9 days late! Intact, today he turns 1!!!! Hang in there!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Just wait it out sweetie! At this point it becomes a mind game for you. You need to take some deep breaths, relax, and get a mental grasp on the situation. Stay in control! The more you stress and worry and cry over it, the more likely it is that you're holding yourself back from going into labor.

Baby will be here soon, and all you need to worry about right now is resting, hydrating, and indulging any and every craving you may have. Get one of your kids or your husband to do your toenails for you! If you can spare a little money you could probably find somewhere that does prenatal massages (which can bring on labor!)

Most women go into labor at night, since we're fully relaxed and calm while we sleep. Keep that in mind! ;)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

goodmama85
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:21 AM
I'm 39 weeks and I'm impatient lol. My dd was 42 weeks and ds was 41 weeks I'm hoping to not go past 40 again!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NCJen84
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:38 AM

My first was 14 days past his edd, and my second was 10 days past her edd. I was induced with all 4 of mine. :-/ hang in here and try to go naturally.

Taylor.gibson74
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:45 AM
I wouldn't go past 40 weeks luckily my doctor induced me with my 1st at 39 weeks...my 2nd one decided to stay in 5 days past his edd.and my daughter came 2 weeks before her edd (she was healthy no icu nothing :) hopefully this one comes like my daughter did!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michelles89
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I hit 41 weeks because my son was stubborn and they induced me I was in labor for 22 hrs with no progress at 8 cm so they gave me a csection. He was even stubborn after he had to get suctioned 3 times before he cried. I hope your little man comes out for you :)

doulala
by Emerald Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you are focusing on a *day* rather than the month....

Sometime, eventually.....    GL!

:-)

Candace8609
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:21 AM
i know the feeling. 1 of my friends were due 2 weeks after me but went 2 weeks before me and i went 41 weeks when the dr decided to induce. thought it would never end! just get as much sleep as u can now bc u know its commin soon :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
windsun23
by New Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM
i just had my 6th 3 weeks ago and was 41weeks 2days.i thought she would never come.hang in there:)

)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN