Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

how do you feel about baby showers for a second baby?

Posted by   + Show Post
My dd will be 3 when this baby is born. Honestly we were so broke when she was a baby that we sold almost everything. The only big thing we have left is a pink swing. We have some girly clothes too. I just wonder if its another girl if people will think I am being rude and greedy. With a boy I would think they would be more understanding. Also I think of showers as a celebration of the new baby not just about presents. What do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
ikesmommy200
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:10 PM
its not for me, but I see why people do it. My sister has two girls but theres almost 8 yrs between them so she had two. I also know people will if there are two different genders and sometimes just because.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krysta.cole
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I just had my 3rd shower for my 3rd girl yesterday. My first one we invited everyone and their mother and got crazy tons of stuff. I didnt buy diapers for 4 months. 2nd shower was girls only and it was smaller and still fun. Well this 3rd baby was unexpected and my sister threw if for me with family and close friends. If people dont want to buy you a gift or they think you dont need a second shower then they just wont come.

Beauty91805
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Go ahead and have a baby shower!
CafeMom Tickers
zugichbaby6
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Quoting Jessica181989:

Baby showers to me is celebrating new life. Every child should be celebrated!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:33 PM
I agree. I think every baby should be celebrated and real friends and family will want to share in it with you. Maybe don't register or only register for small stuff? And like krysta said, if they don't approve, they either won't come or won't give a gift. A cousin of mine git rid of all her baby stuff on purpose and was very vocal about doing it on purpose 'cause hey, that's what showers are for! She pissed a lot of people off and, because we as a family think it's rude to show up empty-handed, a number of us got her superfluous stuff not on the registry on purpose.

Quoting krysta.cole:

I just had my 3rd shower for my 3rd girl yesterday. My first one we invited everyone and their mother and got crazy tons of stuff. I didnt buy diapers for 4 months. 2nd shower was girls only and it was smaller and still fun. Well this 3rd baby was unexpected and my sister threw if for me with family and close friends. If people dont want to buy you a gift or they think you dont need a second shower then they just wont come.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilprincesses
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:33 PM

i had actually two baby showers with my second girl. my church gave me one then my moms gave me one. i got lots of stuff. now i am expecting my 4th child and only if this is boy i will get a baby shower this time around. also hand me downs.. too that are not apart of the baby shower. i don't feel the need to have another shower with this one if its a girl.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Make a pregnancy ticker

Jason Robert (In heaven would have been 5),Abagail Rose Abbie (4), and Katelyn Belle (2)

lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM
I think every baby deserves a party! This time innstead of a regular shower where the ladies come and watch me open presents we are doing a big cookout/shower so all of our friends and family can come and have fun, apparently this idea isnt new and theres even super cute invites, they call it a baby q :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:58 PM
This one is a boy and my first is a girl. So i registered for soaps and lotions, wipes, and a few odds n ends we need like mattress cover, crib rail cover etc but clothes we are hoping for handmedowns
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiveByTheSun
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:11 PM
I think its tacky and greedy :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yikesitsmindy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I don't think it is good to expect your friends and family to buy you everything again. I have no problem with sprinkles or small showers whatever you want to call them. I am having my first child and registering for everything neutral because I plan on having more children and I know I need to keep it all or buy it again myself. It is yard sale season. Have you thought about looking for some baby gear second hand?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)