Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

how do you feel about baby showers for a second baby?

Posted by   + Show Post
My dd will be 3 when this baby is born. Honestly we were so broke when she was a baby that we sold almost everything. The only big thing we have left is a pink swing. We have some girly clothes too. I just wonder if its another girl if people will think I am being rude and greedy. With a boy I would think they would be more understanding. Also I think of showers as a celebration of the new baby not just about presents. What do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
melk819
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I am having one! When this one is born my dd will be 4! We r having another girl but I dont care!

xredstarsx
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Thanks for the ideas. I think the sprinkle idea is good. I already have a registry on amazon but its more for my own use. Then each paycheck I can buy one thing without having to look for it again. And yeah I have nothing against used. I want a new carseat and new breast pump. Otherwise it can all be used for all I care. Sadly the youngest in my family besides my dd is 17 so no hand me downs there. I know it will work out and while not rich by anymeans we are doing much better financially this time around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomma06
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I have 3 girls and had a shower for each one. With my second DD, it had several years and we had already given or sold almost everything. With my third DD, #2 was only 17 months so we had more of a celebration than an actual shower. We invited both males and females, and told them that gifts were not necessary. The same people came to all 3-some brought gifts, some did not. 

I have attended baby showers for some women's 4th and 5th baby. I feel likes its to celebrate a new life being born, so why should only the first be celebrated?

Mom2Just1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:19 PM
In our family, we only have one. My son will be 6.5 years when this baby is born. We will not get another one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MiCHELLEx
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:24 PM

im having a baby shower in August for this baby, i find out what im having on thursday (im due in october). And it will be my second child. I told my boyfriend;s step mom about how i didnt really have a baby shower with my daughter and i really just wanted a party because i didnt care about the presents, and she said she'd throw me one! ill probably get presents anyway but im not expecting it. :)

wife2jeff
by Joy on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:29 PM
I had a shower with number two. It was also a different sex. Maybe have a meet and greet:). People love buying gifts for babies.
Madgreen
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:00 PM
I think a meet the baby party is better then a baby shower even if it's another girl.
Chilosa
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:02 AM
I don't want one but since it's dh first were having one and we explained keep it small and no big items because we saved from first ds... Just bottles clothes diapers wipes.... But his family will go over board like they did with ds dh and I met when my son was one he's now three
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
claracarmen88
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Ill be having a 2nd baby shower. I have all the big items. My son will be 2 yrs by the time my next baby is born. And all I'm asking for is maybe a double stroller, a crib matress and little stuff like clothes and bottles. Now keep in mind if they can't afford or just don't want to buy the big stuff then no biggie. But I don't think its greddy or rude to have 2nd or 3rd baby showers.
With my first preg. My mom and sister bought me a stroller and car seat and a swing. We had to buy everything else. And let me tell yea all of that was expensive. Lol but to each their own. Just keep in mind when having more baby showers that if you want people to buy you the big stuff understand they might not be able to so don't get mad or sad. :) just be glad they came and supported you :)
LavenderMom23
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

are you kidding? baby showers are an anticipation of new life and each baby and mama deserves to have their 9 months celebrated. Have a shower for every baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)