Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

how do you feel about baby showers for a second baby?

Posted by   + Show Post
My dd will be 3 when this baby is born. Honestly we were so broke when she was a baby that we sold almost everything. The only big thing we have left is a pink swing. We have some girly clothes too. I just wonder if its another girl if people will think I am being rude and greedy. With a boy I would think they would be more understanding. Also I think of showers as a celebration of the new baby not just about presents. What do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Replies (31-35):
aimhawk
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:38 PM

I had one with both children. They are almost 5 years apart.

lmp09
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I am pregnant with my 2nd. My first was my ds, I save most everything with him except bottles, burp rags, I will need a few new things. My friends said no matter what theyre throwing me another one even if its another boy, I think mainly because my husband decided to leave and wants nothing to do with this pregnancy. If it was me throwing a baby shower for myself I wouldnt have one if I had a boy, if its a girl I would bc I have no girl things and theres not little girls in my immidiate family.

SoldierMommy3
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I felt the same way about being greedy and stuff like that. But if you really need the help dont be afraid to have a baby shower. And it is celebrating a new baby. If it would make you feel better about it, make sure your registrations have the cheaper of the items and not full out epensive. I dont like presents cause for some reason I feel guilty when getting them. But I have decided to not have a baby shower for this one and my mom just posted my registration and told people where I am registered.

lovefromwithin
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Every baby deserves to be celebrated. :)

CafeMom Tickers
akrogers13
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:23 PM

we're on baby #2 and i didnt even want a shower.. we have everything we need from our first and so i didnt want anything... my MIL insisted that she throw me a shower tho so i told her i'd make a very VERY small registry (binkies, bottles, diaper cream, shampoo, the little things) and then we could do a diaper raffle instead.. bring in a pack of diapers, be entered to win a raffle prize.. maybe suggest a small brunch with close friends and famliy to celebrate, and suggest a diaper raffle... 

if you're in need of the bigger items (stroller, bassinet, etc) you can shop 2nd hand stores.. a lot of them have barely used items for 1/2 the price or less!! you can also check out craigslist.org or other online 2nd hand sites... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)