Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Membrane sweep

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:26 PM
  • 21 Replies

What is your opinion of a Msweep?

If you've had one how long till you either had contractions, gone into active labor, or had baby?

Do you always feel contractions?

Thank you in advance :)

~Mrs.Smith~

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JamieleeB
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I am ok with it as long as it is done @ 40+ weeks.  Not sooner.  I am not big on being "checked" by my provider, thought with my daughter I did have mine swept and I lost my mucus plug for the next 5 days or so.  I didn't put me into labor.  I went on my own later.

HollySebeck
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I had it done with my first pregnancy at my 38wk appointment and would never do it again. The day after my water broke as a result of the sweep however he was not ready so I never went into active labor which ended in a c-section.

proudmomofAudri
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:35 PM

w0w thats nearly a weeks later. Guess baby wasn't going to let ANYTHING interrupt his progress lol!

Quoting JamieleeB:

I am ok with it as long as it is done @ 40+ weeks.  Not sooner.  I am not big on being "checked" by my provider, thought with my daughter I did have mine swept and I lost my mucus plug for the next 5 days or so.  I didn't put me into labor.  I went on my own later.

~Mrs.Smith~

proudmomofAudri
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Im sorry to hear that!

Quoting HollySebeck:

I had it done with my first pregnancy at my 38wk appointment and would never do it again. The day after my water broke as a result of the sweep however he was not ready so I never went into active labor which ended in a c-section.

~Mrs.Smith~

aimhawk
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I was 37 weeks and the doctor just did it while she was checking me. She did it because I had been having no contractions. I only cramped a bit that evening and then nothing. Lol. It just didn't work for me and it was the first time I had had it. I ended up being induced at 39w 1 day.

lilmomma625
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:55 PM
My doc did it with my daughter at 37 weeks. It did nothing. I still had to be induced at 38 weeks. 8 hours of labor from start to finish and only pushed 4 times to get her out. No complaints here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmomofAudri
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Im planning on going to whole term till i go into labor, i just was wondering about the sweep if i pass 42 weeks

Candace8609
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:09 PM
i had it w my 1st ds. still went a week over due and had to be induced. had it done w my 2nd ds, went into labor on my due date. but i dont really think it was from the MS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:16 PM
This is my 5th baby and I've never had it done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
traceem
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I was 38 weeks 5 days with this pregnancy and the doctor tried. I was only 1cm so they couldn't do it but she tried to rough up my cervix a bit, nothing happened from it, I am still pregnant at 40 weeks 6 days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN