Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Just found out I'm pregnant and I don't know what to do..

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:50 PM
  • 21 Replies

I'm 18, almost 19. And I'm not sure at all how to deal with this news. How do I tell my boyfriend and my mom..? She told me she didn't want grandchildren right now. 

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hollinicole
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Sit down, think about what you want to do. What's the best path for you. Then talk with the boy friend and see what he wants to do. Then both of you sit down and tell your mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karatemomof4333
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Tell them...their reaction may be better than you think. And if not, it's YOUR decision what to do...there's always adoption.good luck! :)
mami323
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:54 PM
YOU WILL BE O.K :))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Guest991
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Abortion is not an option for both of us. We've already discussed that. But I don't know if I even want to have one, I still want to go to college and stuff. She doesn't know I'm dating him. So do I tell her I'm dating him first, then wait to tell her I'm pregnant or give her both peices or news at the same time? Any advice is welcome and greatly appreciated, thank you.

Guest991
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Quoting Karatemomof4333:

Tell them...their reaction may be better than you think. And if not, it's YOUR decision what to do...there's always adoption.good luck! :)

Thank you(: 

I know my bf will be okay with the news, he always thought he couldn't have kids. 

It's just so much to think about and I'm not sure if I'll make the right decision. 

NotAsPlanned
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Okay you need to tell your boyfriend. Since he'll probably take the news okay do it as soon as you can. Then the two of you need to talk and get your game plan down. Since abortion is not an option you are either keeping it or placing it up for adoption. Talk about both options a lot and really think about it. Then once you guys have a good amount figured out the TWO of you should sit down and discuss it all with your mom. Good luck. And by the way, I too am 18 and pregnant (37 weeks) so feel free to messae me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Guest991
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Quoting NotAsPlanned:

Okay you need to tell your boyfriend. Since he'll probably take the news okay do it as soon as you can. Then the two of you need to talk and get your game plan down. Since abortion is not an option you are either keeping it or placing it up for adoption. Talk about both options a lot and really think about it. Then once you guys have a good amount figured out the TWO of you should sit down and discuss it all with your mom. Good luck. And by the way, I too am 18 and pregnant (37 weeks) so feel free to messae me.

Thanks(:

I just feel like talking to someone about the same age as me and being pregnant will help a lot. 

kerismith42
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Its best if you just get everything out in the open..no sense in hiding anything! maybe she will be more supportive than you think. You will know what to do once you get over the initial shock of being pregnant and actually sit down and think about what will be best for you.

Guest991
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Quoting kerismith42:

Its best if you just get everything out in the open..no sense in hiding anything! maybe she will be more supportive than you think. You will know what to do once you get over the initial shock of being pregnant and actually sit down and think about what will be best for you.

Thank you(:

I'll talk to him tonight. I feel bad for keeping things from my mom.

Karatemomof4333
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:27 PM
I got pregnant with my first when I was a senior in high school. We were so scared how everyone would react. We were pleasantly shocked at the love and support...all that matters is what you and your bf want. Hard decision, but kids are a true blessing. And there is nothing wrong with adoption. I was given up for adoption at 3 months old...and I'm so thankful for that. I'm not resentful to my birth parents. I had a better life this way. Whatever decision you make may not be right in everyone's opinion,but it's up to you!, <3
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN