Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Twins???

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM
  • 36 Replies
So I am 15 weeks pregnant but at my drs. Appt today I measured at 18 weeks. I'm certain of dates I know when my last period was my due date is October 20th!! Dr wants me to have an ultrasound in two weeks to see if there is twins!! He only heard 1 heart beat but said alot of the time with twins u will only hear one because they are in sync together. What r ur thoughts ladies?!?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Britt223
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:27 PM
That's what happened to me. I'm 29 weeks with twin girls.
One was hid behind the other
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed_mommy11
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Congrats!!! How much farther along were u measuring than what u actually were?!?

Quoting Britt223:

That's what happened to me. I'm 29 weeks with twin girls.

One was hid behind the other

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed_mommy11
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:52 PM
I know that u ladies r not drs but i just need some of ur similar stories and the outcome or just ur thoughts, something to give ne nay be a small general idea of what may be to come. Lol these next two weeks are gonna be a long two weeks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Doesn't. Mean its twins I always measured. 9 weeks bigger than I really was I just had a lot of fluid and just one baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed_mommy11
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I'm just a little nervous cause twins do run in my family big time!!

Quoting babie113:

Doesn't. Mean its twins I always measured. 9 weeks bigger than I really was I just had a lot of fluid and just one baby

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:59 PM
I didn't find out I was having twins until 21 wks because doctor only heard one heartbeat, but I'm so small I didn't measure much bigger than I should've. This was a military clinic though so it's a little less personal than a private OB... Anyway twins are great, GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lmp09
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Im not having twins as far as the doctor and myself know. I went to the hospital for some bleeding and they checked the baby measured the whole thing and I was 5 days farther along then my dr told me. which I think the baby is just growing bigger because. If I was 5 days farther along it would be I concieved  2 days before I ovulated or had sex I didnt have sex till the day I ovulated lol

blessed_mommy11
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Thanks!!! I guess I just have to wait and see, but it is gonna be so hard I feel line a little kid counting down the days till christmas!!

Quoting Schleetle:

I didn't find out I was having twins until 21 wks because doctor only heard one heartbeat, but I'm so small I didn't measure much bigger than I should've. This was a military clinic though so it's a little less personal than a private OB... Anyway twins are great, GL!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Oh I understand I was scared it was twins my moms sister had a twin and she had two sets of twins also. I was freaking out till my ultrasound ended up having 11 of them found out I had bad GD and that caused the excess. Fluid. Had a healthy 8lb boy

Quoting blessed_mommy11:

Quoting babie113:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed_mommy11
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:11 PM
I guess I shall know in two weeks, but It just seems like it is forever away. Lol!!

Quoting babie113:

Oh I understand I was scared it was twins my moms sister had a twin and she had two sets of twins also. I was freaking out till my ultrasound ended up having 11 of them found out I had bad GD and that caused the excess. Fluid. Had a healthy 8lb boy

Quoting blessed_mommy11:

Quoting babie113:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)