Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Progesterone Shots?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM
  • 8 Replies

I start hese on Wednesday. Is anyone getting these currently? how are the side effects?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
laytonslilmomma
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Yep =) I have two more left! YAY!! lol I don't feel any side effects, actually. The shot hurts a big going in but only because of how long it takes to get the stuff through the needle! It's basically pure oil. I do start getting more contractions the day before and the day of my next shot.

Momofgirls87
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I start them next Monday.

lovethelake
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM

did you have contractions beofr you started them?

Quoting laytonslilmomma:

Yep =) I have two more left! YAY!! lol I don't feel any side effects, actually. The shot hurts a big going in but only because of how long it takes to get the stuff through the needle! It's basically pure oil. I do start getting more contractions the day before and the day of my next shot.

vwd_johnson
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM
They wanted me to take them. I declined. And my baby didn't come early, Woohoo :)

Good luck !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovethelake
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Thanks! my son was 4 weeks early, and my daughter was 5 1/2 weeks early..

laytonslilmomma
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:55 PM

No, but I had my 2nd at 35 weeks and the dr wanted to be safe rather than sorry so he put me on it. Good thing too, because this baby was wanting to come at 32 weeks...I spent a week in the hospital where they gave me different meds to stop labor. I'm now on complete bed rest, still taking the shots, and still contracting just less frequently.

Quoting lovethelake:

Quoting laytonslilmomma:

lovethelake
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

eeek 32 weeks! rest rest rest!

Quoting laytonslilmomma:

No, but I had my 2nd at 35 weeks and the dr wanted to be safe rather than sorry so he put me on it. Good thing too, because this baby was wanting to come at 32 weeks...I spent a week in the hospital where they gave me different meds to stop labor. I'm now on complete bed rest, still taking the shots, and still contracting just less frequently.

Quoting lovethelake:

Quoting laytonslilmomma:

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:29 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)