Mmmm. Jk. I think eating a placenta is gross but I don't judge the moms who DO. There's no evidence to confirm or deny the health benefits on placenta consumption but someone women swear it helps them bounce back after pregnancy. January Jones did it!
Ways to eat your placenta:
- Placenta Encapsulation--ie: popping a pretty little pill.
- Making a home cooked meal, just as you would with any other meat. (Here are some recipes.)
- Grab your blender and make a raw-placenta smoothie
Why women eat their placenta:
- Decrease baby blues and postpartum depression
- Increase and enrich breast milk
- Increase energy
- Decrease postpartum bleeding
- Decrease iron deficiency
- Decrease insomnia or sleep disorders
- Source Here
So! Will you be eating your placenta? Why or why not? And if you do choose to do so, how will you eat it?