Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Had a name picked out before you found out what you were having? 

I go in May 11th for my 20 wk u/s and if the baby cooperates I will be able to find out what I am having, but I cant think of a name for the life of me. Their are tons of names I like but not sure its what I would want to name my son/daughter. When I was pregnant with my ds, my husband and I picked names and and stuck with it for our ds. Maybe I cant choose a name because my soon to be ex husband decided he doesnt want to be apart of this babys life..

by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
TurtleMomma82
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM

We had a few names for each with DS.  We settled on his name shortly after we found out he was a boy.  With DD we had a definite girl name but not sure of a boy name- thank goodness she was a girl!  With this little one, we'll probably have two boy names and two girl names and decide when he/she enters the world!

BabyDust77
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Girl, with this one, I had a name picked out after having my youngest lol. With all 3 dds we had the name picked out before. With my oldest we had gone through almost every name in the book until one night i woke up and decided what we would name her. With my 6 year old she was going to be Allison until 2 weeks before we had her. My youngest was gonna be a Kaitghlen, but when I had her she looked nothing like a Kaightlen. This baby will be Allasyn Allayna or Kaighden Daniel.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Well since we never find out the sex and don't do ultrasounds(unless needed). Yes we had names picked out.

Schleetle
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM
We did for DD, but we did not tell family until she was born. We also did not refer to her by her name in the womb.

For my sons one was named ahead of time the other didn't have a name until after he was born. Technically they were Baby A surname, and Baby B surname for almost two weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaLove27
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM

With my DS I knew his name before I knew he was a boy, with this baby I only had a girl name picked out, and just picked a name for my LO who is a boy.

pregnancy week by week

BabyFruit Ticker

sissy852
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:29 PM
with ds i knew his name before hand. Dh and i picked names the moment we found out we are 6 weeks along
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meredithrocks
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM
I didn't know what I wanted to name my daughter until she was born :)

Check out the new Teen Moms group!

A group exclusively for teen mothers under 20, to talk and ask questions of other teens, about the joys and struggles of teen motherhood!

To visit, click here! : Teen Moms!

lmp09
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:07 PM

BUMP!

skittles2011
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM

with ds1 we had both a girl name & a boy name picked out before we knew the gender. with ds2 we couldnt ever agree on a girl name, and didnt pick his name till i was almost 8 months pregnnat. with baby #3 we started talking about names even before we started ttc, and the only name we could agree on was for a girl.....which was great since we found out that we are expecting a baby girl in july.

jellybean2012
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM
We have 2 of each gender with first and middle names and we also have two middle names for each gender and 2 of each gender. He likes one and I like one. Trying to decide.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN