Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Vent! Small update on my friend

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:39 PM
  • 15 Replies

She had a doctor appointment yesterday and was 4cm and 90% effaced. So they agreed to induce her this morning. The induction started 11 hours ago. I thought for sure she would have had her baby by now. I hope everything is going ok.

So feel free to totally ignore me. I have this friend from high school who is pregnant for the first time. She is just now 39 weeks. Since 36 weeks, maybe earlier, she has been complaining EVERY single day about the fact that she hasn't had the baby yet. And every week before her doctor appointment she says she is hoping for good news and that the doctor will tell her she is in labor. The thing is, she isn't having contractions, she isn't dilating. I don't understand why she expects to be told she is magically in labor. I really don't think she gets it. Ok so that's all fine and good. Whatever.

But she is constantly asking for advice. And there are a bunch of us that are telling her, baby will come when it comes. Distract yourself, you are going to make yourself crazy if you keep trying so hard to start labor and expecting to give birth every single day like this. But it's like she is just ignoring us. I know I just need to ignore her at this point but geez! Today her post said, hoping I get admitted at my doctor appointment tomorrow. Her doctor has already told her he won't induce before 41 weeks and she is only 39 weeks. I told her, if you aren't contracting, they aren't going to admit you. It just boggles my mind how in the world she doesn't get it yet. Like how does she not know that she will KNOW when she is in labor. You don't just walk into the doctor and the baby just falls out without contractions, well for most people at least.

Ok rant over. Bash away if you must. It's just getting on my nerves and I had to vent so I won't go off on her or something.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Some people just like being miserable. I know how uncomfy the end of pregnancy is, having done it three times, but at some point complaining about it becomes annoying!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 1, 2012 at 5:25 PM

That's so true! I know how she feels, the end of my last pregnancy was even more rough than my first. But I survived. I know she will understand when she looks back on the whole thing.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

Some people just like being miserable. I know how uncomfy the end of pregnancy is, having done it three times, but at some point complaining about it becomes annoying!

cjmarty
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I'd probably zone her out, and when pressed for a response, always say the same thing: "You're baby will come when it's ready."  If you say the exact same thing every time (and I mean word-for-word), she'll begin to notice that she's wasting her time asking as the answers have not changed.

Typically those who enjoy suffering also enjoy a great deal of drama. Very heard to be around them.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 1, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Very good point! Maybe I will block her updates until the baby comes. I want to be helpful to her, but at some point, its pointless and aggravating.

Quoting cjmarty:

I'd probably zone her out, and when pressed for a response, always say the same thing: "You're baby will come when it's ready."  If you say the exact same thing every time (and I mean word-for-word), she'll begin to notice that she's wasting her time asking as the answers have not changed.

Typically those who enjoy suffering also enjoy a great deal of drama. Very heard to be around them.

cjmarty
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Definitely not worth the frustration. She'll be fine.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Very good point! Maybe I will block her updates until the baby comes. I want to be helpful to her, but at some point, its pointless and aggravating.

Quoting cjmarty:

mrs.jonesy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh no bashing coming from my behind! lol  I think this is actually kind of funny.  Just try to find the funny in it, as agitating as it really probably is.  Then you can sit back and giggle are her silliness.  My step mom in law is expecting and due in two weeks....she is the SAME way.  I just shake my head and say "well...you'll see".  haha

lovemyhoney19
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:15 PM
I have a friend on fb who was doing the same thing. She was 35 weeks pregnant when she started complaining about how much pain she was in and she started drinking castor oil, walking everywhere, announcing she was having sex with her Dh... Anything to kick start labor!!! I was like hey dummy 35 weeks is not even full term why do that! I get it, it gets uncomfortable but my goodness, you wait on baby not the other way around. I don't blame you for being annoyed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
traceem
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Just think payback will come from her whinging when she actually DOES go into labour then she gets an reality check. Then she will have something to really complain about!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 1, 2012 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes! Some things just aren't ok for facebook. I know how often she has sex, how dilated she is, everything! She posted that she can't believe she is still pregnant at 39 weeks. Her friend said "lol so.... what you are really sayin is you can't believe you are having a happy healthy pregnancy? cuz havin one early isn't usually all that great. :)". Yup pretty much. Would you rather be uncomfortable and wait a few more weeks, or leave your baby behind in the NICU for a few weeks?

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

I have a friend on fb who was doing the same thing. She was 35 weeks pregnant when she started complaining about how much pain she was in and she started drinking castor oil, walking everywhere, announcing she was having sex with her Dh... Anything to kick start labor!!! I was like hey dummy 35 weeks is not even full term why do that! I get it, it gets uncomfortable but my goodness, you wait on baby not the other way around. I don't blame you for being annoyed.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 1, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Haha, for sure! Not that I would wish her the painful labor. But reality is going to suck if she thinks a few contractions every now in then is true labor.

Quoting traceem:

Just think payback will come from her whinging when she actually DOES go into labour then she gets an reality check. Then she will have something to really complain about!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN