Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What's the best reaction you got when you shared news of your pregnancy?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:45 AM
  • 15 Replies

5 Hilarious & Heartwarming Reactions to Pregnancy Announcements (VIDEOS)

Posted by Julie Ryan Evans on May 1, 2012 

Happy GrandparentsThere are few great surprises in life once you're an adult, but actually learning that you're pregnant for the first time is one of them. It's amazing enough to get the news yourself, but when you're ready to share it with friends and families, it's truly one of the most memorable times of your life. 

People come up with all sorts of creative ways to deliver the news, and the reactions are varied but (almost) always touching. Some are just a little more enthusiastic and tear-inducing than others. For example, the parents in this first video are so happy when they get the news from their daughter, you can't help but cheer for them.

Don't you just want to join in their celebration? If only all babies were as joyfully anticipated as this lucky little one. Here are four more awesome reactions to pregnancy news:

Telling siblings about the news can go either way, but this little girl has the sweetest reaction (forward to about 3:20 if you're short on time):

This one didn't go quite as planned when the kids were told, but it's pretty hilarious nonetheless.

Here are two dads who get the news that they're going to be grandpas. There's some profanity, so be careful who's around when you watch, but their joy is infectious.

In this one there's no big emotional outburst, but it's absolutely heartwarming to see this dad react to news that his wife is pregnant after undergoing fertility treatments.

What's the best reaction you got when you shared news of your pregnancy?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyIsMyName90
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:39 AM
3 moms liked this
That's cute. We had a lot of excitement but my moms reaction was probably the funniest. Our son was only 6 months when we got pregnant again and I told my mom we wanted them close in age. Her response and I quote "well damn I didn't know you were gonna put them in the same grade!" lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-mrs.mamma-
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM

the best one so far has probably been my FIL. he cried and hug me tight when we told them we were pregnant with our 2nd  : )
he also cried at our revealing the sex party with our first when we told everyone it was a boy  : )

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Proud Group MOD
in the  Love & Marriage  and  Pregnancy  groups!!

RADmomma
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:42 AM

The best was when I told my parent we were pregnant this time with baby # 2. My mom knows how badly I wanted this baby.

They are 3 hours away so we called them & told them.... My mom dropped the phone...I could hear her in the background yelling....WOOHOO...YES YES YES!!!  then she realized she had dropped the phone...grabbed it & said... your serious right? your sure??

I had to reassure her...yes mom. Im sure... 4 + hpts & im 5+ weeks along... My Dad couldn't say anything because he was still laughing @ my mom!!!

BabyDust77
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:49 AM
My daughters. I showed her the test and asked her how many lines. She said three. She was so excited she kept counting. So i showed her the digital. She read it and was jumping up and down. Shes 6 and has been wanting a brothe/sister for almost 3 yrs. Now when she meets people she says "my mommy has a baby in her tummy."

Lilypie Maternity tickers

louzannalady
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I presented this cake to DH one evening, to let him know. : ) He kept asking, "Really? No! Really?" He was in shock because we had an ectopic pregnancy rupture four months before and we only have one tube, now. They told us we could conceive naturally, it would just take a while. ; ) Guess not! Then, once he got that this was real, he looked at me and said, "Congratulations!"- which is what he said when found out we were pregnant with DS (I just brought him the test and box that time!)

ElyseFowler
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:10 PM

My hubby simply said " It's about da*n time" His face was priceless

babytigergrr
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:20 PM
My cousin who is also my best friend jumped up off the couch, did a happy dance and then tackled me with hugs. She is so excited. We really hope everything goes well. I have a history of early miscarriages. I just found out with a positive test last week so cross your fingers! My cousin has a five year old girl and we have a soon to be four year old boy. Both of them keep talking about siblings so this would be really nice :)
krazykiddles
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:37 PM

My mom cried and my dad hung up the phone on me! I don't want them to know for a very long time when we get pregnant with an "our" baby.  Even though my other two are 11 and 10 now.  Sadly I never got the happy, congratulations that most people receive.  I was only 20 when I had the first one and 21 when I had the second.  I would love to get happy hugs and tears, but that doesn't happen in my family.  Two kids per family is my parent's limit.  I am a step-mom to two kids.  I am not expecting happy when we do conceive.  Glad to see other people have wonderful experiences!!! It really is a time of great joy!!!!!

BabyBump298
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Both parents were extremely excited, being both of their first grandchild. The best reaction though was from my hubby's grandpa. He is one of those kinda quiet, shy, and doesn't really hug people type of guys. When we told him that we were pregnant, he got the biggest grin on his face and gave me big hug :) He was so excited :)

CafeMom Tickers
munkiebaby
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:10 AM

the handfull of people i have told are excited.But we have not openly announced it yet as we have 3 M/C's this is my the 6 th pregnancy but only 3rd to make it this far. I am getting married in jun And thats when both are familys will be thier and we will be sharing the news as i will be showing and 16 weeks.  Some will be shocked others not so much. I am so excited to tell but cant due to the possibly of it happening again and worse telling everyone we lost anther. When my 4 yr old was told She went nuts jumping and kissing my belly. then lifted my shirt and said " Your not pregnant your bellys not fat mommy ". Lol but as i am showing early with this one she gets it now .And as for my 13 month old should does not under stand but she will be 20 months when this one comes along.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN