Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Horrible hip pain. :(

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Liz
  • 10 Replies
I am 21w5d with baby #2. I don't remember this ever happening with DS but, I was a sahm in my 2nd and 3rd trimesters.
As of the last week, I have been having horrible hip pain. It usually only occurs at work cuz I'm up and down (and up and down and up an down) and the chairs here SUCK! there's little to no cushion to sit on and theyre really low to the floor.
I am planning on scheduling an appt with a new OB next week (new becuz: 1) we moved 40 minutes north of where we did live and my on was already 20 min away from us the OTHER direction lol. 2) I'm unhappy w/ my care.) and I'm gonna talk to them about it. See what they say. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Char07
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:12 AM
See a chiropractor, they can usually help tremendously with hip pain in pregnancy :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Quoting Char07:

See a chiropractor, they can usually help tremendously with hip pain in pregnancy :)

I agree!

purvislets
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:53 PM
This! Around 20 weeks with my son my sachroilliac (sp?) Joint in my hip went out of place. I went to my ob first and they gave me pain pills and instructions to try yoga. When I got stuck on the floor due to hip pain while following their suggestions I was advised by a friend to see a chiropractor. After the first visit I could walk again! I went back at least twice a week during the rest of my pregnancy to get it readjusted and never looked back.

Quoting Char07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BiPolarMomto3
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Talk to your Dr. You can get a note from them that requires you to have a more comfortable chair and they have to provide it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eykelley
by Liz on May. 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM
That does sound like The best way to go... Except w/ my job if my dr ask for ANY specialties cause I'm pregnant... They will make me go on leave early. Yes... U heard me right. At 5 weeks my dr requested that they not male me do too much lifting (I worked at a hospital on an oncology floor) and my work wouldn't let me go back to work. It was a nightmare. Just rather shut my mouth and go buy one of those butt donuts lol.

Quoting BiPolarMomto3:

Talk to your Dr. You can get a note from them that requires you to have a more comfortable chair and they have to provide it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eykelley
by Liz on May. 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM
I think I'm gonna do this. I have a GREAT chiro I haven't seen in a while and I thinknits time.

Quoting purvislets:

This! Around 20 weeks with my son my sachroilliac (sp?) Joint in my hip went out of place. I went to my ob first and they gave me pain pills and instructions to try yoga. When I got stuck on the floor due to hip pain while following their suggestions I was advised by a friend to see a chiropractor. After the first visit I could walk again! I went back at least twice a week during the rest of my pregnancy to get it readjusted and never looked back.

Quoting Char07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BiPolarMomto3
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:17 PM
They can't legally make you go on leave early if there is nothing wrong with you other than needing a special chair. It's against the Americans with disabilities act.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ask275
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:55 PM
I had to get a cushion for the seat and a cushion for my back when I worked in an office for my first pregnancy. Stretching ligaments sux. I hope you find some relief.

Quoting eykelley:

That does sound like The best way to go... Except w/ my job if my dr ask for ANY specialties cause I'm pregnant... They will make me go on leave early. Yes... U heard me right. At 5 weeks my dr requested that they not male me do too much lifting (I worked at a hospital on an oncology floor) and my work wouldn't let me go back to work. It was a nightmare. Just rather shut my mouth and go buy one of those butt donuts lol.

Quoting BiPolarMomto3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Can you get a firm cushion to sit on at work? I also highly recommend seeing a chiropractor. Hope you feel better!

pregnantmommy01
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:15 PM
I had severe right side pain as well. Everytime I would mention it to my dr she would tell me it wasn't pregnancy related. Finally I broke down and went in there to see her in tears and wasn't able to even move at all. She referred me to physical theraphy where come to find out I had a hip displacement. They sent the paperwork to my dr and go behold she never once said sorry and or to this day mentioned anything about it. Luckily I am going every week for the therapy and it helps wonders. Good luck and hope you get relief. I so know the pain of having pains in the hips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN