Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

confession

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:16 AM
  • 2 Replies
Okay this hard for me to even say or admit- please do not bash on me.

I am 7 weeks pregnant w| our 4th pregnancy. We've had 2 miscarriages one w| twins. We found on easter we were pregnant.

At 1st I was over joyed so blessed because this is our miracle baby. But now I've gotten so sick I had to start IV therapy for severe morning sickness. I had to take medication so I could keep down even liquid.

This went from joyful- to missery. This should be THE happiest time of my life because we've wanted this baby so badly- but now I'm just so overwhelmed that I'm not even enjoying the process. :(

They gave me "B-calm" prenatals to help with nausea on top of a RX that I read up on that is used on chemotherapy patients to help with their sickness. (It's safe for baby that I know for a fact).

I've felt such guilt for this misery because like I said we've wanted another baby for so long. Our 1st and only is going to be 5 in October and has Autism. It's hard for me not to be able to hold him and play because I'm so weak and I'm on bedrest.

*sighs* I just had to vent. I got cursed out by my aunt because she can't concieve children and I was called "an ungreatful b#tch" while in the ER. My fiance had to ask her to leave. -_-

I'm high risk due to miscarriage and also a cardiac defect I was born with (pulmanary atrisia) I've had 3 open heart sugeries for and was supposed to have my 4th in August but that's before we knew about the baby.

I got medical clearence to give birth via c-section. But I'll need open heart surgery again 6 mnths after baby comes for a valve replacement.

I'm just so overwhelmed and feel such guilt for not being happy.

Anyone had rough pregnancy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
DamiensMommy1
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Me... but not as bad as yours I'm so sorry :(

I went from morning sickness to cholestasis and gall bladder disease. I have been on strict bedrest for 11 weeks :( I go to the dr 3-4x a week 2 of those are hospital visits for nst, fluids, bloodwork and ultrasound
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Morning sickness can really take it out of you, add all those other medical issues and the comments from your aunt, and I can't even imagine how you are handling that.  It's ok to not enjoy being sick, I had a pretty rough start with this pregnancy (not anything close to what you are dealing with!) and even though this baby is wanted more then anything, it was hard- all I wanted to do was go to bed and sleep.  As I felt better though, it was easier to get excited- I never really lost the joy about the baby, it was just a struggle to see it with all the sickness and being tired.  

I'm so sorry about all you have been through and are going through- there is an end, I promise!  Hang in there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN