Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When does morning sickness start?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:06 PM
  • 18 Replies

Does morning sickness start right away or does it take a few weeks? How early can u test to see if ur pregnant? My husband and i had an accident last night......i tested today. im sure its too early but i was just wondering how long to wait to test again?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:11 PM

It is too early to test.  You should wait until you miss your period.  Morning sickness depends on the person.  Some have it around 6 weeks.

stephanieS59
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:15 PM

thank you for your response. Im just anxious to know. My periods have never been consistant so i can go by that. Ill just wait six weeks or so and test again. Thanks so much!

NotAsPlanned
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:16 PM
That's way too early to test. Usually wait until your missed period. And morning sickness differs from person to person as I have never had a single day of it and am now 38 weeks with a healthy baby girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Otter1326
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Need to wait almost until your missed period....morning sickness 7ish weeks

lovefromwithin
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:27 PM

It can vary with morning sickness - some women it can start the moment of conception. I'd wait a couple more weeks to test and your best bet to get the most accurate pregnancy test would be to test the day you missed your period. Some tests now though are indeed sensitve enough to test positive a few days before your missed period but still is better to wait as long as you can closer to your missed period.

CafeMom Tickers
Cupofambition
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:27 PM
I started puking almost immediately after baby implanted, and I haven't stopped since. I'm 18 wks hoping it's going to go away soon!
christineT79
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Wait to test until after you miss your period, u might have to wait a whole month. Sometimes morning sickness never starts. I had no pregnancy symptoms. I'm now 24 weeks pregnant & I still have not thrown up once or had any nausia or morning sickness.

cjmarty
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I didn't have a single bit of morning sickness. :) Depends on the pregnancy.

melodynewsome
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:39 PM
I never had it w DD and so far baby 2 I don't have it, I am
6weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stpreggers
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Mine started @ 7 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured