Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Not sure what to do...

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey everyone,

So, I found this website because I don't really have anyone to talk to, I mean..I have a lot of friends, but this just doesnt seem to be something that I can talk to them about.

I found out yesterday, by my doctor through a blood test that I am pregnant.  I'm only about 3 1/2-4 wks along...I have another appointment to make sure everything is ok on Tuesday.

My boyfriend, is scared to death, he is 22...I am 26. He said to me tonight that he is not ready to have a child, but that he will support any decision I make.  It makes me sick thinking about it.  I was informed by previous doctors that my chances of conceiving were very small, so to me this seems like a miracle. The problem is that we just moved to a new place, we are living with friends, I recently found a new job, and my boyfriend is still looking for one, he had a UA for Home depot this week, but hasnt heard anything back yet.  I know we are at rock bottom...but I WANT this child...I feel like a part of my would die if I aborted or gave him/her up for adoption.

I just need advice...I have a cousin who was in the same situation as me, and has raised an incredible child, by herself as well.  And friends, of course, who have raised children on small wages.  I want what is best for my child, but it feels like he wants me to give up....other people who have found out have asked if I was stupid for getting pregnant....I just dont know what to do, I feel like if I want to keep this child that it is wrong, but to others, not to me....Help!

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Replies (11-12):
whitepaw7
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:11 AM

From your statments, sounds like giving up your child would haunt you probably for life. I am pregnant with my 8th, and I dont remember any time that it 'was a good' time when I found out I was expecting, but long before they were born it was the perfect time, not financially or situation wise, but because I absolutly couldn't imagine life without any of them! Money and other issues can be worked out , ther are lots you can get for baby, but many you dont need to have. Don't feel pressured into anything by others, you are a parent and protecting your child is now your number one job. I have had many negative responses to my pregnancies but some of those who had bad first responses ended up enjoying those children very much once they were here(my mother for one). The number one thing your baby needs is your love, and it sounds like he/she already has that!

marihla
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:12 PM

You are the mother. It's what you feel is right. Your guy could come around, but if he doesn't, he will be missing out on a beautiful family. There is a reason we have 9 months to prepare for the baby. Decisions like this. Things have a way of working themselves out, and I'm sure that you will do great! You don't want to spend the rest of your life wondering what your child would look like, or how many things s/he would say to make you smile each day. Congratulations, and enjoy your pregnancy! I will be interested to hear how things turn out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)