Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Surrogacy

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:55 AM
  • 62 Replies
What are your rights on this? Is it good /bad, right/wrong, religious or antireligious? Do you or anyone you know have personal experience with this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyjenn84
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I have no experience with this and I don't know the rights.. BUT I can't imagine how it could be wrong... Its git to one of the most selfless things a woman can do. Makea a hero in my book.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
17havingtwins
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I would love to be a surrogate mother but I would have a hard time giving baby to its family. But I think it's an awesome idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2furballs
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:05 AM
5 moms liked this
I'm a surrogate, 10 weeks.

I think my views are obvious. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:07 AM
I would be a surrogate in a heartbeat, but gestational only...I couldn't be a traditional unless I knew the people very well. I absolutely loved being pregnant and would love to help someone else achieve a family!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2furballs
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Yes, I'm a gestational surrogate. I could never be a traditional, no matter how well I knew the intended parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 5, 2012 at 1:15 AM

It's not for me. Goes against my beliefs to do it personally. 

jeslc03
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:20 AM
I'm a birth mom. I placed a baby for adoption almost 10 yrs ago. I would be a surrogate if I didn't have such miserable pregnancies. I've been blessed this time around with a fairly easy baby. But its been a lot of work doing physical therapy and not being able to even sit correctly. But I wouldn't change being a birth mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RunningMOMof3
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:00 AM
would you mind elaborating? I personally am a christian, and I just wondered if it something that went against a christian faith. it seems to me like a wonderful gift to give somebody expecially if you yourself are able to do so. But I didn't know if that went against christianity.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

It's not for me. Goes against my beliefs to do it personally. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RunningMOMof3
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:01 AM
is this your first time? are you pregnant with multiples?

Quoting momof2furballs:

Yes, I'm a gestational surrogate. I could never be a traditional, no matter how well I knew the intended parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katie44
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:14 AM
4 moms liked this
Agreed. My lil sis was going to do this for me and then i ended up pregnant with my little miracle!

Quoting mommyjenn84:

I have no experience with this and I don't know the rights.. BUT I can't imagine how it could be wrong... Its git to one of the most selfless things a woman can do. Makea a hero in my book.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured