Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy
What are your rights on this? Is it good /bad, right/wrong, religious or antireligious? Do you or anyone you know have personal experience with this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Replies (31-40):
Larsbug
by Laura on May. 5, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I don't love being pregnant but I don't hate it either so I would do it for someone...though I would probably have to know them REALLY well where I know I get to see the baby, but I think any woman who can do it is amazing.

RunningMOMof3
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Please elaborate :)

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

I know a few people that have, I personally couldn't do it for moral reasons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buggie8
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
first thought that came to my head was the movie Baby Mama.... lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Well the process of IVF, which is usually how surrogacy works (correct me if I'm wrong), is the part that would be wrong for me. Embryos are created, usually not all of them are used. That and it's a little too close to playing God for my liking. I wouldn't care if someone else did it. But I could never do it myself for that reason.

Quoting RunningMOMof3:

would you mind elaborating? I personally am a christian, and I just wondered if it something that went against a christian faith. it seems to me like a wonderful gift to give somebody expecially if you yourself are able to do so. But I didn't know if that went against christianity.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

It's not for me. Goes against my beliefs to do it personally. 

unspecified42
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a surrogate. I've had three surrogate kids as a gestational surrogate, which means I didn't use my own eggs. Currently I'm 6 weeks pregnant as a traditional surrogate (using my own egg, we did artificial insemination instead of IVF) for my sister.

What are whose rights, exactly? Obviously it's my belief that it's fine.

unspecified42
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:27 PM

You are wrong. Only in gestational surrogacy is IVF used (well, I suppose sometimes, very rarely in traditional surrogacy).

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Well the process of IVF, which is usually how surrogacy works (correct me if I'm wrong), is the part that would be wrong for me. Embryos are created, usually not all of them are used. That and it's a little too close to playing God for my liking. I wouldn't care if someone else did it. But I could never do it myself for that reason.

Quoting RunningMOMof3:

would you mind elaborating? I personally am a christian, and I just wondered if it something that went against a christian faith. it seems to me like a wonderful gift to give somebody expecially if you yourself are able to do so. But I didn't know if that went against christianity.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Not something I'm going to elaborate on :/  I know it will hurt someone and I don't want to do that.  That's why I left it where I did :)

Quoting RunningMOMof3:

Please elaborate :)

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

I know a few people that have, I personally couldn't do it for moral reasons.

mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:25 AM
How many women miscarry every day? God created those embryos and they were imperfect which resulted in a miscarriage. The only embryos not used are the ones that wouldn't survive anyway.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Quoting RunningMOMof3:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:38 AM
What is the difference?

Quoting beadingmom17:

I would be a surrogate in a heartbeat, but gestational only...I couldn't be a traditional unless I knew the people very well. I absolutely loved being pregnant and would love to help someone else achieve a family!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:42 AM
2 moms liked this
That is completely in God's hands. IVF is in the hand's of humans, which is very different. Some people believe this is wrong, especially if the embryos are thrown out. I am personally not against IVF but I am very against throwing out the embryos. Now if all are used or the remaining littles ones are adopted out (embryo adoption), then I have no problem with IVF.

Quoting mommy2casidee:

How many women miscarry every day? God created those embryos and they were imperfect which resulted in a miscarriage. The only embryos not used are the ones that wouldn't survive anyway.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Quoting RunningMOMof3:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)