Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Some lady told me I don't look pregnant which kind of upset me :(

So be honest please! Do I look pregnant or just fat?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Replies (31-40):
Santina25
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:35 PM
I love it :) all those cute little dresses and stuff! Seems like every store I go into, I end up buying something for her!

Quoting candimalice:

Its so hard to do, buying the cute clothes is one of the funnest parts of having a baby lol :-)

Quoting Santina25:

Thanks for the advice! I'm gonna try my best not to buy a bunch of clothes she'll never wear :D

Quoting candimalice:

I wouldn't get more than a couple newborn outfits they outgrow them sooo fast, and for the 0-3 month it really depends on how often you want her wearing the same thing and how often u want to do laundry..lol with my first I way over did it, had outfits he never wore cuz he grew so fast, the second time I stuck to about 10-12 outfits that I could mix and match.. tops and bottoms... as long as I had enough to not do laundry but. Once a week I was good and with diaper leaks and spit up they went thru about two outfits a day...

I think id wait to buy clothes, its a big gift item when due dates get closer!

Quoting Santina25:

I already have some things :) My mom got me a beautifull bassinet, so for the first few months the baby can sleep somewhere lol

I'm just usually a very organized person and can't believe I don't have everything yet lol

And with clothes, I'm not sure how many I need in the small sizes (nb and 0-3months)

Its a little girl :) and we still need a name!

Quoting candimalice:

Almost 27 weeks with my third...

You'd be surprised on how little you need right away, just a crib or bassinet, diapers and wipes a car seat, a few outfits and if not nursing bottles and formula, the rest is extra nice to have but not needed, I didn't use any of the extra stuff with my first, stroller, bouncy seat, swing.. all that and more just sat around, I was to busy holding him and taking care of him to want the other stuff to use..lol

As for the ?'s like how should I do this or that, even with those anwsered you will come up with your own ways and patterns and such as time goes by and you ajust.

That nesting instinct and mother instinct go along way in the long run!!

Congrats btw! Do u know if your having a girl or boy or surprise yet?

I'm having a little girl, I have two sons already ages 12 and 8.

Quoting Santina25:

I sure hope so lol, don't want the poor baby to show up and have no bed or stroller or carseat!

Yes its my first :)

How far along are you?

Quoting candimalice:

Time has flown by for me too, way faster than my other two.. but before you know it you will hit that nesting stage and nature will kick in and you will have everything you need ready and prepared. Is this your first?

Quoting Santina25:

Time is going by so fast! I feel like I have so much to do, but don't know where to start lol

And here I am asking questions on CM lol

Quoting candimalice:

:-) see I bet if I saw you before I wouldn't have a doubt in my mind that u are! Congrats your almsot to the halfway point!! Your looking good :-)

Quoting Santina25:

I'll be 19 weeks on monday! You didn't hurt my feelings, I like honesty :) I know exactly what u mean that people dress in tight clothes when they are overweight, but I'm not one of them lol! I guess it just took me by surprise, since I've been so proud and happy about my stomach growing :)

Quoting candimalice:

To be honest, and I reallly don't want to hurt you! Since your tummy is not hard and rounded I wouldn't be sure since I've never seen you before, verses now. Too many people these days dress with tight clothes around chubby tummys that do look preg but are not. Its hard to say in a lot of cases that's why I'm so very carefull never to say anything or assume unless I know the person with before and after forms..

If it helps I would wonder if you are and lean twords thinking you were, rather than thinking you just had a chubby tummy...

Sorry I reallllly hope I haven't hurt your feelings, I'm just trying to be honest with you like you asked, you are pretty and have a very cure top on, enjoy this time don't let what I think or what anyone else thinks bother you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M0914
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Prego
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilprincesses
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Quoting Bitemebetty:

Preggo to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i01proof1214
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

prego to me but i think its the belt that may confuse people

christineT79
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you def look pregnant. Otherwise you look like u have a giant tumor in your abdomen. lol

Mama2Jaelyn
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Sorry if this is too personal, but it appears to me like you have larger breasts and that can make your belly look smaller. I'm 12 days away from my due date and whenever I tell people they always go "Oh my god! Your belly's so little!!" And I'll tell you what, my belly is NOT little, it's just that my boobs happen to be HUGE also, so it makes the belly look smaller. LOL Anyway, I think you look beautiful!  Gotta love the bump!

~Meg blowing kisses

pacificamom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

yep

Santina25
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Yes my boobs are quite huge o_o they went from a DD to an H! I really hope they won't grow any larger

Quoting Mama2Jaelyn:

Sorry if this is too personal, but it appears to me like you have larger breasts and that can make your belly look smaller. I'm 12 days away from my due date and whenever I tell people they always go "Oh my god! Your belly's so little!!" And I'll tell you what, my belly is NOT little, it's just that my boobs happen to be HUGE also, so it makes the belly look smaller. LOL Anyway, I think you look beautiful!  Gotta love the bump!

~Meg blowing kisses

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dqsmami06
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:07 AM
1 mom liked this
U look pregnant to me
U have more of a baby bump than what i had at 19 weeks
Im 23 weeks having a girl and finally starting to look pregnant. I weighed 114 before pregnancy and now i weigh 138 i gained the weight everywhere else lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marihla
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:01 PM

You look pregnant. Don't worry, I've dealt with this same issue. One person can wreck your pregnancy glow in an instant and they don't even know it. Ignore her! What does she know!? Some people ask me if I'm having twins and some people tell me they didn't know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)