Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone dealt with this?

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:32 PM
  • 10 Replies

where your blood pressure drops really low?

for past few weeks ive been seeing black and white flashing zigzags lines for 20 mins then it goes to blurry to where i cant see half the stuff im looking at for another 20 mins then the left side of my forehead hurts for hours and at times i feel like im gonna pass out. the first time it happended i called the dr and she said my bp could be dropping, just eat something salty and if you pass out then you need to go to er. i tried the salty foods and it didnt help.im 14 weeks along.

by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Yes, this happened more dramatically in pregnancy but sometimes when not pregnant.
Usually a low-blood sugar or dehydration issue.

Are you eating enough healthy foods & hydrating well?     What about your health otherwise?

skinsfan26
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:47 PM

yeah. my health is good. been drinking more juice lately.

Quoting doulala:

Yes, this happened more dramatically in pregnancy but sometimes when not pregnant.

Are you eating enough healthy foods & hydrating well?     What about your health otherwise?

doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:49 PM

That may be contributing:  juice is very sugary, the simple carbs can raise and then drop your blood sugar and is not usually good for hydrating.
You might try to drink more (plain) water, little-no juice and more nourishing, sustaining foods and see if it helps.   
Sometimes eating more frequently helps this as well.
GL!

Quoting skinsfan26:

Quoting doulala:

skinsfan26
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks for the advice

Quoting doulala:

That may be contributing:  juice is very sugary, the simple carbs can raise and then drop your blood sugar and is not usually good for hydrating.
You might try to drink more (plain) water, little-no juice and more nourishing, sustaining foods and see if it helps.   
Sometimes eating more frequently helps this as well.
GL!

Quoting skinsfan26:

Quoting doulala:

Kenre
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:20 PM
I keep orange juice on hand at all times for when my vision does that. Happens when I am in the second trimester a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skinsfan26
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:23 PM

it started happening again tonite and i got some oj and it helped alot. thanks for the oj advice

KimandCarrie
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Mine did very early in my pregnancy...at around 18 weeks. I ended up having to get 2 blood transfusions because my iron was so low.

single_mom_of4
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:44 AM

i had my blood pressure drop really low but it only happened once... dr didnt really have a reason for it ... i went to the dr cause i was having really bad chest pain and cramps. they chalked it up the the fact i was painting with latex paint the night it happened (im allergic to latex) and I had pulled a muscle in my stomach... but no real response as to why my bp dropped so low.

sorry i dont have any answers for you but try taking it easy. hope it gets better

skinsfan26
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:24 AM

everytime it happens my df tells me to lay down for a while and relax

Quoting single_mom_of4:

i had my blood pressure drop really low but it only happened once... dr didnt really have a reason for it ... i went to the dr cause i was having really bad chest pain and cramps. they chalked it up the the fact i was painting with latex paint the night it happened (im allergic to latex) and I had pulled a muscle in my stomach... but no real response as to why my bp dropped so low.

sorry i dont have any answers for you but try taking it easy. hope it gets better

marihla
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:49 PM

this happens to me when I'm not eating protein regularly enough. If I let it get to the point where I'm feeling weak and nauseous, then it's too late, and it will take hours to return to normal. I have to eat every hour, and sometimes just fruit doesn't cut it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured