Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Where were your kids when you were in labor?

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:45 PM
  • 36 Replies

I'm planning another drug free birth and whiile I don't want to totally sheild my dd from birth, I don't want her to get scared when it gets intense either...  I'm thinking at least for the early parts of labor i'll just have her with us, but when it intesifies... Well, the problem is anyone i woud trust her with will probably just be in the waiting room, and I know when i had her I was... Well... A little loud... This one may be easier though since it's my second and i should have a birth tub available...  Where were your kids when you were in labor? With a sitter? a grandparent? At home or the waiting room?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
navywifey2006
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:01 PM

With our 3rd baby. My older 2 stayed with my dad while I was in labor.

mylilprincesses
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:01 PM
With my youngest dd I was induced so my dh could be there for my oldest dd at night. She went to a church members house while I was in labor and delivered. She didn't meet her sister till the next day. My husbands family lives in another state and my parents work full time so we have no babysitter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:01 PM
In the back of the car
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i01proof1214
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:48 PM

with the in laws bu tonly had 1 at the time

doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:49 PM
2 moms liked this

We were all in the birth tub together!

:-D

Made everything sooo much easier and more comfortable.    My ( 10-pounder ) fell out of me with ease lol, I was able to exchange the pain for fun and pleasure.     The best experience ever!

Will you have a birth doula, she can really help a lot.

LovelyLauren55
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:50 PM
With my ex (daddy)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madgreen
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:54 PM
With my mother Inlaw since my mom will be right beside me, and my father will be in the waiting room or at his place right beside the phone.
TurtleMomma82
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:44 PM

When my DD was born, DS stayed with my dad since DH and my mom were in the room with me.  This time, I hope that my kids can be in the waiting room with my dad or my sister if it's a decent time of day.

earthmama727
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Don't have a doula. I have a midwife but will be in the hospital..  I'm allowed to labor in the tub, but have to come out for the actual delivery, as per hospital policy.   We were going to bring an inflatable tub w/ us to the hospital the first time but my DH paniced when I said I was ready to go to the hospital and ripped the bottom plug out when he was draining to take it with us... Before that it really was pretty peaceful.   Does transition go much smoother in water? 

Quoting doulala:

We were all in the birth tub together!

:-D

Made everything sooo much easier and more comfortable.    My ( 10-pounder ) fell out of me with ease lol, I was able to exchange the pain for fun and pleasure.     The best experience ever!

Will you have a birth doula, she can really help a lot.

doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Water is beneficial for many reasons, for many things, throughout labor.
It helps a lot through transition, yes!        :-)
You'd like to deliver in the tub?     What about finding another care provider-setting that can work with your preferences?

Quoting earthmama727:

Don't have a doula. I have a midwife but will be in the hospital..  I'm allowed to labor in the tub, but have to come out for the actual delivery, as per hospital policy.   We were going to bring an inflatable tub w/ us to the hospital the first time but my DH paniced when I said I was ready to go to the hospital and ripped the bottom plug out when he was draining to take it with us... Before that it really was pretty peaceful.   Does transition go much smoother in water? 

Quoting doulala:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)