Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Where were your kids when you were in labor?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm planning another drug free birth and whiile I don't want to totally sheild my dd from birth, I don't want her to get scared when it gets intense either...  I'm thinking at least for the early parts of labor i'll just have her with us, but when it intesifies... Well, the problem is anyone i woud trust her with will probably just be in the waiting room, and I know when i had her I was... Well... A little loud... This one may be easier though since it's my second and i should have a birth tub available...  Where were your kids when you were in labor? With a sitter? a grandparent? At home or the waiting room?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
jnttd
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM
This baby is going to be born at home. DH will tend to DD as needed while I'm in labor. We are worried about me wanting him when he needs to be with DD, but I don't trust anyone else with her or want anyone else around for the birth so I will just depend on my midwife.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:02 PM

It's great that you have nice care providers, but you could have that in another setting, too--   and get your goals met, priorities achieved too!  ;-)

Hospital-employed midwives are a lot more like OBs, especially in that they must follow the rules of the medical model.     (rather than the midwifery model)      Hopefully your MWs will work with you in this way regardless, but still more of an uphill battle in that setting.    And would probably be sooo much nicer for your daughter in a homier setting too.  ;-)

jnttd
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Also, I think she may be fine if she comes in the birthing tub with me.

Quoting jnttd:

This baby is going to be born at home. DH will tend to DD as needed while I'm in labor. We are worried about me wanting him when he needs to be with DD, but I don't trust anyone else with her or want anyone else around for the birth so I will just depend on my midwife.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystalrbp
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this
When I was in labor with dd (6 weeks pp) my son was in there till I couldn't stand the contractions anymore. If you want her in there you will know when the time comes for someone to take her out of the room. Once I saw the concerned look in his ans he was reaching for me, that's when I told MIL to take him to the waiting room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-mrs.mamma-
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:20 PM
I had an augmented labor. So, while I was in the hospital laboring, our 3yr old was with DH's Grandma.
When it came time to push, my sister and brother (who were in my room through labor) left to get our 3yr old, it was important to us that he was the first to meet his baby brother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chaniellesmom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:33 PM

my oldest was in the waiting room when my son was born 22 years ago. When my youngest dd was born my son was 17 and at his friends house. This time my dd (5 yrs old) will be with a family member at there house, unless I go in the middle of the night.

ktinaza
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:39 PM
My DS was with his dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mia055
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM

My now 3 year old was in the room...he was asleep a lil while before i started pushing and woke up maybe 10 min after baby was out....My hubby, mom, and dad were also in there =)

Mother to  Zeek (3 1/2) and Manny (1 1/2) and one on the way!! Love my hubby!! Love my boys!! Think PINK!!

Actingbaby
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM

My kids in the past have been with my inlaws at their house. This time around they will either be at a friends house or at our house with my mom. (Depending on if my mom is here yet or not.)

Mom2Just1
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Connor will be with my in laws in the waiting room.  If it is a school night...he will be with my BIl at home or just miss the next day at school.  My husband will be in the delivery room with me.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN