Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

premature labor concern...

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:39 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am due June 26th ....and high risk with moderate gestational diabetes ( i am able to manage it with the pill of glyburude at dinner and a strict diet) And i also have a low papp A....bith put me at high risk for preterm labor and pre eclampsia.   This week i started having two nst (stress tests) and a ultrasound to moniter everything.....well this morning at my nst i could feel my uterus getting hard and then slowly getting soft again ...and noticed that at its peak it would reach 17 or 18 and once it passed it end at 7 or 8......the nurse reviwed the paper and asked me if ive been crampy because the moniter showed that i was contracting and i told her yes she told me just to keep an on it. Well to make a long story short...friday morning i awoke with menstrual like cramping , and today after we left the hospital i continued to have irregual contractions....all the way up untill after dinner when i end up two really bad bouts of diaharria and a intense pressure in my rectum. I didnt want to have a false alarm and rush to L&D so i took a extra tylenol and took a nap.....woke up with a headache but hte cramping and contractions were gone.. my qeustions are Have any of you went into preterm labor nad had the symtpoms? or had these syptoms and never had anything become of the them..? 

by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mama2Jaelyn
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Wow, my first was 5 weeks premature, but I didn't go into labor in the traditional sense of getting contractions. My water broke and then I delivered her two days later. So I know that that is of no help to you, but I really think that you should call your doctor and keep a good record of your contractions (what time they start and how long they last). I really hope all is well and that little baby stays in your belly!

~Meg

liltrippymom
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM
When in doubt go to L&D. I went in for a non stress test (nst) at 33wks with my twins no od feelings what so ever turbs out i was having reg co.tractions i was shipped out to a bigger hospital that night and stayed for a wk. I had them healthy at 37 wks 2days. My point is this if you feel the need ro go in but think its nothing,please,go in. Im not trying to scare u i just want you to bake that bun as long as possible. L&D is there for a reason hun sont feel shy about it. I was in an out of mine every wk lol. I had constipation and losd of appitite with my oreterm signs and if course xontractions.gl hun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pacificamom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:40 AM

both--see if it goes away and stays away

gacgbaker
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:00 AM

That can be kinda normal for pregnancy towards the end- but keep in contact with your doctor and let them know how you are doing and don't hesitate to ask questions!  They will be able to tell you more if you should go in or stay since you have some other medical concerns as well.

MomOf2DueInJune
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM

i see my ob today....so we will see.....i am really irratated though..because when i told them of my syptoms my doctor made me go to L&D and sh said she wanted me to have a cervicle exam and nfa...i think its called..where they test to see if your at risk for preterm labor.....but the nurse refused and said she would only check my cervix if i was contractiing on the moniter.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)