Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

UTI help!!!!

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM
  • 19 Replies
I have a UTI (very pron to them while prego) went to the doc Thursday and he said it sounded like a UTI but he needed a urine test to prove it. He NEVER called me back to prescribe medicine. And I'm in soo much PAIN every time I go pee I just want to cry... Ive been drinking cranberry juice but is there anything I could do until I call the office back Monday??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pregnantmommy01
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Try a heating pad or a hot bath. Just keep drinking the juice to keep cleaning out the system. I am also always getting them when pregnant. They aren't the best either. But, be careful as they also can cause you to have contractions and or have preterm labor. I went through it with my youngest and was only 22 weeks at the time. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duquesne
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Nix hot bath. They can cause them. Try cranberry pills.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msswisher08
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:35 PM
What are cranberry pills and where van you find them?

Quoting Duquesne:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duquesne
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Cranberry pills are just pure cranberry solids---get much more in small doses. Most health food stores carry them. Whole Foods maybe?

Quoting msswisher08:

What are cranberry pills and where van you find them?

Quoting Duquesne:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jakesmom323
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:39 PM
I would personally call the weekend on call doctor and sent RX to Walgreen or one that is open on Sundays in your area. UTIs are very dangerous while pregnancy and can make you go into labor. It happened to me with my last baby at 27 weeks, but I held him in there till full term;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msswisher08
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:43 PM
I'm only 10 weeks and I went to my family care doc. There are no doctors on call. And right
Now I have no freaking clue who my OB is since they keep changing me and don't have a number to call other than there office number for appts. (but that's another story I'm changing to my OB I had with my boys as soon as I can get an appt)

Quoting jakesmom323:

I would personally call the weekend on call doctor and sent RX to Walgreen or one that is open on Sundays in your area. UTIs are very dangerous while pregnancy and can make you go into labor. It happened to me with my last baby at 27 weeks, but I held him in there till full term;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msswisher08
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AProsser
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Azo is pregnancy approved and very helpful for uti pain. Just went thru the same thing this weekend while on a camping trip. Drink tons and tons of water along with ur juice. Warm heat on lower stomach helped me. But the azo is a life saver till u can see yr doc. PS makes your pee orange.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msswisher08
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Where can you find it?

Quoting AProsser:

Azo is pregnancy approved and very helpful for uti pain. Just went thru the same thing this weekend while on a camping trip. Drink tons and tons of water along with ur juice. Warm heat on lower stomach helped me. But the azo is a life saver till u can see yr doc. PS makes your pee orange.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nautired
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:25 PM
I feel your pain literally I have a UTI and I am 17wks. I've been doing cranberry juice, water, making sure to empty my bladder leaning forward while peeing helps I've read.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN