Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bv wont go away...

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

Had a miscarriage in Feburary, got tested positive for bv in March. Apparently I smell really bad but no one noticed and I don't smell myself down there...After the miscarriage everyone can suddenly notice the spell even though I had the symtoms before miscarriage. Took medication in march and again in April. Pregnant again about 6 weeks now and it still won't go away?

by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Some women use natural remedies for yeast--    Have you considered/tried garlic, yogurt, etc?   Not sure if that is what you are looking for...   

heather4511
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:51 PM
I've been on medication twice so far this pregnancy, I'm now 38 weeks. Mine consistently will not go away. I eat activia everyday. It helps a bit, but i guess I just have to wait til after baby for it to stop
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bunni23
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Is it pregnency related or something? With my first pregnency my body just "changed" had thick milky stuff & I remember thatd around the time I found out I was pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Changes in discharge are normal.    And they will vary with different hormonal surges.   
And yeast infections are more common too--    

munkiebaby
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I had it with my last preg..tho the hole thing.

Apollos82
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:00 AM
This.

Garlic is a huge help. If you can find some all natural or organic garlic pills, start taking them daily. Also, cut out dairy, sugar, and starches/carbs. They feed yeast. All yeast issues are internal, no matter where they manifest externally, so the only real way to fix it is internally.

Look into Zand's Candida Cleanse. I don't know if you can use it while pregnant, but you may be able to. It's worth it. I haven't had a single yeast issue in years sense I used it last.

Also, add antimicrobial foods to you diet: Garlic, rosemary, raw coconut, limes, lemons...there a lot more...maybe try a google search for "antimicrobial foods" and see what comes up,

Quoting doulala:

Some women use natural remedies for yeast--    Have you considered/tried garlic, yogurt, etc?   Not sure if that is what you are looking for...   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Bacterial vaginosis is not yeast... It's av over growth of bacteria.

Op, talk to an ob about a different treatment I'd it's really bad. Changes in your vaginal ph level are normal during pregnancy. You may fight it throughout.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bunni23
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:26 AM
At least someone knows what bv is. Already talked to someone about it. Tried two different types of meds but dh says I still smell down there....discharge looks like its coming back. Or maybe it never left. Idk...

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Op, talk to an ob about a different treatment I'd it's really bad. Changes in your vaginal ph level are normal during pregnancy. You may fight it throughout.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Is it possible that you are beginning to experience normal change in your discharge now? With being pregnant?

Also, was hubby every treated for bv? They CAN carry it on them, kind of like they can carry a yeast infection and never show symptom. If he has never been treated, I'd look at having you BOTH treated at the same time, and refraining from sex during that time to allow you both to get rid of the overgrowth.

Quoting Bunni23:

At least someone knows what bv is. Already talked to someone about it. Tried two different types of meds but dh says I still smell down there....discharge looks like its coming back. Or maybe it never left. Idk...

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Bunni23
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:18 PM
How do you know for sure if they can carry it? IVe seen an obgyn & she would dispute what you say. So how would I prove that?? she said its ph level is off thats all. My dh can still smell it. If anything he would had been the first to know because after a while he stopped doing certain sexual stuff with me but I didnt think much of it.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Is it possible that you are beginning to experience normal change in your discharge now? With being pregnant?

Also, was hubby every treated for bv? They CAN carry it on them, kind of like they can carry a yeast infection and never show symptom. If he has never been treated, I'd look at having you BOTH treated at the same time, and refraining from sex during that time to allow you both to get rid of the overgrowth.

Quoting Bunni23:

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured