Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Being induced? How was it for you?

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:20 AM
  • 36 Replies

So I went and seen my OB today. I have been having an awful time with this pregnancy, and everything has been in record, from kidney stones to kidney infections, to UTI, to bacterical infections, to more recent events of wanting to pass out, and having weakness in my legs and such. I had dicussed many things with him today, and he referred me to my regular DR for an EKG to check my heart out. He thinks the baby is putting extra strain on my heart. My heart rate since 2nd trimester has been 109-120. 

I have another anatomy scan at the end of the month to measure the baby. I had one last week, and baby boy was measuring at 4lb 12oz, and his head and stomach was measuring out a week ahead then I am, and he said that if he contiunes growing like he is, they he will elect to have me induced at 36 weeks. (Im 32 weeks now, 33 weeks friday)

So being induced, what is it like? More painful then going naturally through labor? (My first was born at 43 weeks, I wasn't induced with her, she came 24 hours after my membranes were sweeped, and the mucus plug came out)

by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louzannalady
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I recommend you talk with them about going as long as possible. I know, you have a health issue(s). Just ask them  your Bishop Score. Make sure it is high enough before you induce, if you can. Also, make sure they use a gentler induction method, since you will have a lower score at 36 weeks. Such as a foley bulb and Cervidil, to get your cervix dilating- instead of just running with pit. DO NOT allow pit until you have dilation going- that is one thing that stresses a baby out- pressing against a cervix that is going no where. Do NOT let them use Cyotec! Here are some links, to help you talk with your doctor an increase your chance of a successful induction. 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/pregnancy/forums/read/16053311/Six_questions_to_ask_about_induction

http://www.cafemom.com/group/pregnancy/forums/read/16094985/Dangers_of_using_Cytotec_to_induce

mamaelle88
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:30 AM
I don't even need to have him vaginally, ill do a c section quick. I have read the risks of being induced, i just want peoples personal experiences.. i don't want to read more articles on saying wait it out. Sometimes women just can't.

Quoting louzannalady:

I recommend you talk with them about going as long as possible. I know, you have a health issue(s). Just ask them  your Bishop Score. Make sure it is high enough before you induce, if you can. Also, make sure they use a gentler induction method, since you will have a lower score at 36 weeks. Such as a foley bulb and Cervidil, to get your cervix dilating- instead of just running with pit. DO NOT allow pit until you have dilation going- that is one thing that stresses a baby out- pressing against a cervix that is going no where. Do NOT let them use Cyotec! Here are some links, to help you talk with your doctor an increase your chance of a successful induction. 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/pregnancy/forums/read/16053311/Six_questions_to_ask_about_induction

http://www.cafemom.com/group/pregnancy/forums/read/16094985/Dangers_of_using_Cytotec_to_induce

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilprincesses
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:31 AM
My experience was alot better than going into labor naturally. I had my daughter in 6hrs. When with my oldest going into labor naturally I was in.labor 15hrs. The contractions with my induction were like bad menstrual cramps. When going.into labor naturally my.contractions were like someone stabbing me in.the.stomach.
EVERYONES BODY IS DIFFERENT!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradleysmami
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I was induced w my first 2 this one I'm going all natural, he'll come when ready. For me being induced was a longer process than just letting the baby come on it's own. I had a kidney stone back in Nov, I couldn't imagine going throught that pregnant:(

MamatoKy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Eh, the being induced part, was probably the worst. It was uncomfortable....it hurt. They used a foley bulb(i think thats what it called) to dialate me to 3cms and that it would fall out on its own when I was dialated that far. It only took about 3 hours. Then I progressed to 4 with pitocin, and stayed at 4cm and ended having an emergency c-section.

SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:38 AM
It was harder, more painful... I was stuck on the monitors and that limited pain relief options. Afterward, i was drained and was actually worried about bleeding out. It was just so much harsher on my body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaleigh92805
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM
I was induced with all my kids and everything went fine for me.. They were born about 8 hours after getting there. This is my last baby and I'm not going to be induced
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaelle88
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:40 AM
So you can imagine.. i went through it twice while pregnant. Both times ended up being admitted in the hospital for pain. It was horrible. Was unable to sleep, they were unable to get the pain out of my back while medication, and it took nearly 3 days for the antibiotics to kick in. Horrible experience. It put extra stress on me, and my blood pressure spiked a lot...
worst than labor without pain meds. LOL

Quoting Bradleysmami:

I was induced w my first 2 this one I'm going all natural, he'll come when ready. For me being induced was a longer process than just letting the baby come on it's own. I had a kidney stone back in Nov, I couldn't imagine going throught that pregnant:(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tlu92
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Being induced for me led to 18 hours of labor & an emergency c section. BUT my body wasn't ready. Everyone is different. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradleysmami
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM

OMGosh! They gave me 3 shots of pain meds to take my pain away. After that it wasn't so bad & I passed the stone the next day. It is as bad as labor I couldn't believe a little thing like that could put you in that much pain! After they analyzed it they said no caffeine so trust me I'll never touch caffeine AGAIN!! lol

Quoting mamaelle88:

So you can imagine.. i went through it twice while pregnant. Both times ended up being admitted in the hospital for pain. It was horrible. Was unable to sleep, they were unable to get the pain out of my back while medication, and it took nearly 3 days for the antibiotics to kick in. Horrible experience. It put extra stress on me, and my blood pressure spiked a lot...
worst than labor without pain meds. LOL

Quoting Bradleysmami:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN