Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

33 Weeks and Not Excited

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM
  • 2 Replies

This is terrible but I am still not excited about having a baby. I feel really bad about myself and wonder if this means I will be a bad mom.  I'm 42 and this is my first (and only) child so I think I should be excited, but I'm not.  I am in a wonderful relationship, have a good job, and am a very lucky lady overall.  Why dont I feel like this will add to my wonderful life?  Confused by my feelings.  Anyone else out there?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MissConrad
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Maybe it just hasn't hit yet? This is my first and will be only child. My SO has two other sons from previous marriage (one 5 and other 10) and this will be his first daughter. I see my belly and cannot avoid it everyday. I watch it move around like the aliens movie wondering when the alien will pop out. But, it really hasn't hit home with me yet that I am a mom. I am 37w/4d and I know she could come at anytime. I was told by other moms that when she is born, it may take a week or so, but it will hit that you are a mom when you are scheduling dr appts, and all the jazz that goes with it. I guess, it's partially because my SO has dealt with this pregnancy thing 2x's previously, so it's no new news to him, which makes me feel less interesting to him. I don't know, it's extremely easy to over analyze things right now. Not only that, but preg hormones can be a B*&!h!

newmomma42
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM

My SO also already has 2 kids, boys 10 & 13, so I definately am not getting an excited vibe from him.  And yes, the hormones are CRAZY!  I am crying more than I think I have my whole life. I wish it would reduce the swelling in my hands and feet but no such luck.  Thank you so much for getting back to me.  I am feeling really alone and am really scared to discuss this with my family.  I hope you are right and that it kicks in.  XOXO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)