Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Really wanting to want my baby

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:06 PM
  • 16 Replies

I'm 20 years old 14w4d single and pregnant, lost all of my friends and pretty much just have my mother. Every day I wake up, and I realize how much I dont want to have a kid, but there's no way I can put it up for adoption because my mom said that she would adopt it, so I know later in life I would have to explain to it why I did so.

I'm hoping the farther I get in my pregnancy, the more excited I will be.

Now, before anyone bashes on if I didnt want a kid, I should have used protection, I was on birth control thank you very much

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beauty91805
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM
I'm sure you'll be fine. It's just all the damn hormones and worries. I'm sure you'll be a great mom. :)
CafeMom Tickers
NaniMami317
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:11 PM

HUGS!!!!!!!!! Does the baby move yet?? I remember when I was pregnant I felt just like you do, then I felt my baby kick for the first time it changed my mind. She's 7months now and I don't know where I'd be if I didn't keep her. Hang in there mama

Larsbug
by Laura on May. 7, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I was the same way with my first... now he is an obnoxious 3 year old who drives me crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way  :0)

'

ameliacaldeira
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM

well, you have to give permission for your mom to adopt. so dont let that be the only reason to not consiter it. as well as you can pick a family and dont have to have any kind of contact at all if you dont want, or lots if thats what you want.

i hope your friends come around, just because your pregnant doesnt mean you are a leper, so i hope you can find people who want to be around you beacuse they like you, not because arent pregnant?.....like noneexcessive drinkers and obsessive rollercoaster riders or soft cheese enthusiests....lol because thats the only thing that you cant do, but i dont think that makes you a bad friend

LovelyJay512
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:13 PM
It's hormones, I felt like that too because of different circumstances but once you start to see the baby grow and feel kicks you'll fall in love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grace0409
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:14 PM
I didn't want my second child bc she was a product of rape by my ex but after she moved the first time and I saw he on an ultrasound I fell in love... takes time I'm sure you will be happy especially when you see you lo after he/she is born...

Where are you from?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM

You can still put your baby up for adoption if you want to. Just because your mother WANTS to adopt the baby doesn't mean that she will if you dont want her to. 

mommyjenn84
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:16 PM
See how you feel after birth and look at the situation then. You may change your mind either way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Singlemominit
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Arizona

Quoting Grace0409:

I didn't want my second child bc she was a product of rape by my ex but after she moved the first time and I saw he on an ultrasound I fell in love... takes time I'm sure you will be happy especially when you see you lo after he/she is born...

Where are you from?

Singlemominit
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I've never wanted kids, and now I'm stuck being a single mother with a bd who wants nothing to do with me or this kid. It's tough enough with that, but then all of my 'friends' are off with their significant other and if they ever do want to hang out, its with them and I dont have patience to be a third wheel

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN