Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What is your least favorite baby name?

Posted by   + Show Post

What is your least favorite baby name?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Replies (41-50):
AriMommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Anything super common like Jason, Sarah, Tony, Jennifer...but also the names that are not really names for children like Bentley, Apple, Moses, Porshe.  Or anything that's a common name with a jacked up spelling.. Kyleigh, Nickolas.  I agree with having some orignality when naming your child, but this is a person that's going to have this name for life. Save the weird stuff for your pets.

gumeshoe
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:25 PM

This and places and items. Brooklyn, Houston, you never know if it is a boy or a girl.

Moms that get miffed the made up some strange spelling of a name with 3 to 4 extra letter and we don't know how to read her bundle of joys name. Did you not think of this before? If I have to look at a name 2, 3, 4 times to figure out what you named your kid, get over it.

I know an Isaman (pronounced is man) he calls his mom out over making up some weird name. He admits it wasn't the best choice and was made up.

Quoting BabyLucasMom:

Anything gender confusing.

And I dislike strongly any crazy spelling names.

Kimbyann
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Nevaeh anything that's an item
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Actingbaby
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I have too many to list. lol And I don't want to offend anyone. But in general super common names regardless of spelling, kids named after booze or cars or food.

MommyAddie
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:42 PM
All that really matters is you like it. My sister and I are both having girls and my mom hates both our baby names. Mine is Betty and here's is Vivianne. Oh well, it's our turn to pick!

Quoting chey88:

I'm naming this baby Jayden lol. Oh well haha. I don't care if it's over used or popular. I like it.

Quoting MommyAddie:

I'm so sick of these. They were clever and unique at first, but they're so over used and played out...sorry :(

The same thing happened when my sister was born. My parents let me name her and I picked Emily because it was old-fashioned and unusual, but I guess we all know what happened next, lol. I should've picked Courtney.

Quoting mommy2casidee:

Kayden aiden Brayden Hayden any variation

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msswisher08
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:51 PM
I don't really have a name I hate but I hate it when people make a jr and call them junior like come on that's NOT there real name. My nephew is one and he hardly knows his real name. So school will be fun for him huh....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mik1of3
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Boy-  Michael  way, way too common

Girl- Taylor or Ashley...see above.

I cannot stand common names, I think they are boring.  Dont get me wrong, I wouldn't name any kid Apple or Zuma...but Anne, Michael, Sophie, Emily, James? Yawn!

pregnantmommy01
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM
My friends daughters name is chloe but spelled khloe. Logan is a good friends last name lol and my last name is carter and my sons name is Noah out of the bible.

Quoting nicole4ray:

lol, you dislike a good chunk of my families names. I have a daughter named Chloe, two nephews named Logan, a nephew named Carter, and a nephew named Noah. 

Quoting egrzesik91:

nevaeh, bentley, aiden, braiden, malachai, Damien, isabella, logan, noah, chloe, zoey, madision, holden, carter, etc.

I love the name Charlotte for a girl and now I found out it is one of the most popular names --.-- Probably not going to use that one now! Every girl I know is Sophia now and my 6 year old is and it's just weird....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole4ray
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Lol! We have a lot of common names!

Quoting pregnantmommy01:

My friends daughters name is chloe but spelled khloe. Logan is a good friends last name lol and my last name is carter and my sons name is Noah out of the bible.

Quoting nicole4ray:

lol, you dislike a good chunk of my families names. I have a daughter named Chloe, two nephews named Logan, a nephew named Carter, and a nephew named Noah. 

Quoting egrzesik91:

nevaeh, bentley, aiden, braiden, malachai, Damien, isabella, logan, noah, chloe, zoey, madision, holden, carter, etc.

I love the name Charlotte for a girl and now I found out it is one of the most popular names --.-- Probably not going to use that one now! Every girl I know is Sophia now and my 6 year old is and it's just weird....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pregnantmommy01
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Oh well I chose them because I love them not because they were common or not. I have a Noah Issac a Tyler Alexander and a Destiny Marie and in August I will have a Jace Jakob. :) I love all the names because they are all sentimental. :) I although do not like the names Chandler, Clint, Howard, Harry, and a few others. As for girls I don't like the food names, and or car names, also names like Claire, Caliee, and or Kimberly.

Quoting nicole4ray:

Lol! We have a lot of common names!

Quoting pregnantmommy01:

Quoting nicole4ray:

Quoting egrzesik91:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN