Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Share your views: Unique baby names?

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:29 AM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this

coffee

How do you feel unique baby names?

Here's a few different views on the subject- what are yours??

• hopkinspatch.com: However, it doesn’t bother me in the least when I hear a new unique name for a baby, such as Blue Ivy. In fact, I think it usually shows the parents had some in-depth thought into the name rather than blindly picking out of a baby name book.  I think a baby name can have some impact on a child—but the parenting environment the child is raised in is the bigger concern for me.
  • sheknows.com: Names like Rian (instead of Ryan) or Aeryn (instead of Erin) look cool on paper. However, in real life your child will have to get used to spelling or pronouncing their name for friends, teachers and employers. These non-traditional spellings could work for your child, but they could also work against them if they become self-conscious about always having to pronounce or spell their name.
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JAIRATRACI
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:31 AM
1 mom liked this
It depend on how off the wall the name is. My oldest son is named Thour Barden and would have been Freyja Storm if he was a girl. My youngest would have been Totari. Most people can pronounce them without problems but it is not a name that a ton of kids have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hello_kitty25
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 6:23 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is Autumn and son to be is Atlas. I got Atlas from greek mythology and Autumn from a baby book so my mother couldn't shorten it. Lol I love unique names! Just not the ones u spell funny cause I always got tired of telling teachers and ppl on the phone its Sarah with an H! Gah. And that's not even unique.
My brother named his boys Tripp and Urijah which I also think are neat!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rebekah8787
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I like unique names I have a Trea(trey) a Jetta and a Gunner also a James after his dad if I'd have anymore a boy would b Ryder Stone girl would be Rogue Im not racist at all but other nations and African Americans have some crazy different names that work for them I'm sure a lot we can't pronouns
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msswisher08
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:49 AM
My sisters name is Autumn however people still mess it up and forget the "N" I mean comon' it's a season!!!

Quoting hello_kitty25:

My daughter is Autumn and son to be is Atlas. I got Atlas from greek mythology and Autumn from a baby book so my mother couldn't shorten it. Lol I love unique names! Just not the ones u spell funny cause I always got tired of telling teachers and ppl on the phone its Sarah with an H! Gah. And that's not even unique.

My brother named his boys Tripp and Urijah which I also think are neat!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyDust77
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:27 AM
I am 100% all for unique names. Im unique with my spelling. I have a torie, brieann, and alexis (wouldve been spelled elección had i seen the spelling earlier.)
If this baby is a girl im thinking allasyn, brileigh, or brielyn. Boy will be kaighden daniel.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

BUTTERFLY6112
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:44 AM

im totally for them! my lit girl name is gonna be Andera Serenity!!!

-mrs.mamma-
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:48 AM
I like "unique" names in the fact that they're not used much.. my DSs' names are Jaxon & Talon ..Jaxon has become more popular over the years.. but we picked that name for several reasons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilGreenMonkey
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I generally like unique names but HATE ones that you have to "figure out" because the spelling is so bizarre. Like Eion = Ian
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
agagne8706
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I have a Jacob which is after his father and My daughters name was about as unique as I have gotten only with spelling and its Kaydee! its not really that different but NOONE ever spells it right.. 

cutestmom24
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM
I love unique names my dd's name is isabella(I know very common)but her middle name is deiana.when we have another baby I would love to name her skylynn. But the hubby would most likey bitch cuse he dosent like that name.if we have a boy his name will be angelis alexander.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN