Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anybody go thru or experience this? **update**

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:16 PM
  • 25 Replies

I am 11 weeks pregnant. yesterday morning I started bleeding and gushing a lot of blood. I went straight to the hospital. Luckily there was no wait time and I got right in. They immediately did an ultrasound. Baby was there and fine. Really strong heartbeat. But they noticed a tear in the placenta and that it was starting to separate from the uterine wall. They kept me for a few hours to do some blood work and to call my OB. They came back an hour later and discharged me and sent me home. They said there nothing more they can do at this point. They said sometimes the placenta will repair itself and reattach to the wall. But sometimes it doesn't and will continue separating completing causing me to miscarry. Its a waiting game at this point.

So I got sent home on strict bedrest. I go back to see my OB tomorrow for ultrasound and to get checked out to see if the condition is improving or getting worse. I am so scared and nervous. I am so afraid of losing this baby. Anybody go thru this and it worked out ok? I am trying to rest and relax as best as I can but its hard. I'll update tomorrow about my appt. wish me luck.......

just a quick update for those who are interested.....I went and saw my OB today. He did another ultrasound. Baby is fine and everything looks really good. He said what happened is actually very normal and common. In most cases it will fix itself and women will go on to have a normal healthy pregnancy. He said there no need for continued bed rest. But he said to take it easy. He wants to see me again in 2 weeks instead of 4 just to be sure everything continues looking better. but otherwise I am good to go and everything looks great. So happy and relieved to hear that. I was so scared and nervous. Felt so much better after talking to my OB. He explained everything to me and answered my questions so much better then that ER dr. Thanks everybody for your concern and well wishes. Was very worried and stressed last few days but doing so much better now. oh and as far as bleeding that has luckily stopped. Although I still have that yucky brown discharge/spotting. but he said that was fine as long as it wasn't red and heavy like it was before. so hopefully it stays gone. :)

by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gotchoo
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Scary. I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope everything works out for you and your little one. 

wvueers08
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

good luck! i hope everything goes ok!

pregnancy due date

mom248
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

She is in this post...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/pregnancy/forums/read/16549019/Placenta_Tearing_Away_From_Uterus_Help

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope all is ok!

amber710
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I am 11 weeks also. I understand how you feel because my mother, grandmother, and aunts all had miscarriages and I have been terrified that it will happen to me. I defiantely wish you the best. Sorry you have to go through that!

SuperMom2433
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Its called a subchorionic hematoma. I had it happen. Just do exactly like they told you. Strict bedrest and drinking plenty of water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMK3
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish you the best of luck momma, hope your LO can hang in there :) A friend of mine had that happen (I don't remember how far along she was though) and a little later on in her pregnancy she also started leaking her water and got positive FFN test starting at 20 weeks. She had a healthy happy baby boy at 38 weeks. Praying you have a happy ending as well, GL momma!!

jeslc03
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:01 PM
I'm pretty sure a sub hematoma is a blood pocket in the uterus. Not the placenta tearing away from the wall. At least that is what my doc told me. Did you have a sub hematoma?

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Its called a subchorionic hematoma. I had it happen. Just do exactly like they told you. Strict bedrest and drinking plenty of water.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Ohhhh maybe so! Sorry if Im wrong on that. I had an sch at around 6/7 weeks and bled for weeks! I passed big clots and thought I was m/cing. I had cramping and everything associated with a m/c. My son is now 7.5 months old. Eta - The doc said it was a piece of my placenta that tore away.

Quoting jeslc03:

I'm pretty sure a sub hematoma is a blood pocket in the uterus. Not the placenta tearing away from the wall. At least that is what my doc told me. Did you have a sub hematoma?

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeslc03
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:11 PM
That's so scary! I was diagnosed with a small sch at about 9 wks. I was so freaked out. And no need to be sorry at all! I sometimes wonder if doctors don't get the terms messed up too and tell their patients one thing when it really is something else.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Ohhhh maybe so! Sorry if Im wrong on that. I had an sch at around 6/7 weeks and bled for weeks! I passed big clots and thought I was m/cing. I had cramping and everything associated with a m/c. My son is now 7.5 months old. Eta - The doc said it was a piece of my placenta that tore away.

Quoting jeslc03:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured