Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How many ultrasounds ?

Posted by   + Show Post
Regularly , without requesting an ultrasounds , How many ultrasounds do you get done throughout a whole pregnancy ?
Id really like to see my baby again once its all formed , I cant wait for the 20 wk scan they already have down for me , Lol .

pregnancy calendar
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Replies (41-50):
bchic24
by Tia on May. 11, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Oh I don't know. I had one at 8 weeks and 4 days when I was put in the hospital for a week for severe dehydration and malnurishment to check I wasn't pregnant with multiples. Then I went to get a 3d/4d one done at 20 weeks to find out gender, then at 24 weeks they offered me a free 3d/4d session so they could do training for a student, then I had a level ll ultrasound at 35 weeks because my husband's little brother was born with a bad heart defect and the doc wanted to just be sure everything checked out. So altogether I had four but only 2 were doctors orders.

Nay1983
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM

This for me...had one at 9wks and the other at 22wks.

Quoting Heather2001:

Two - dating ultrasound and the anatomy scan.

Kenzismommy09
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I have one every time I Have a dr appr. It's office procedure to have an ultrasound at every visit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stpreggers
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Idk I'm high risk I've had a lot. 9 so far I'm 27 weeks I have at least 2 more planned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2ava2mia
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:10 AM

With my first pregnancy I had an ultrasound at every appointment and my Dr did them all right there in his office. This pregnancy I have a new Dr and she sends me out on a referral to get mine done. I asked this question somewhere else and apparently my one ultrasound at 8 weeks, one at 13 weeks for the genetic screening, them the gender ultrasound at 18 weeks is in everyone's opinion more then normal women usually get. So to be honest I guess it just depends on the Dr and assuming all goes well and no extra ultrasounds are needed. Just ask your Dr, I am going to at my next appt. 

KatieGirls2
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:14 AM
1 at 8wks and 20wks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purvislets
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:38 AM
I did see yours!! So cute. Thought I contend on it in the Dec group but I'll have to double check. I out mine up in the Dec group but I should be updating my journal post today since I'm 8 weeks today!

Quoting Kachetes:

Quoting purvislets:

My doctors office does two unless there are issues. One around 6 weeks and then the second trimester scan.

So wheres that ultrasund of yours !

Idk if you saw mine but I posted it on tuesday , when I had to go back for a vag. u/s !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i01proof1214
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:04 AM

had about 3 for both my kids had to go back for a 4th with my son to see if the placenta previa corrected itself 

MiCHELLEx
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:14 AM

with my daughter i got 12. because i was having some problems.
im only 17 weeks, but so far i got 2 from the doctor, one elective, and another one in 2 weeks.

TurtleMomma82
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:47 AM

With DS, I had one to confirm at about 7 week and the anatomy scan at 21 weeks.  With DD I just has the anatomy scan at 22 weeks.  With this one, it'll probably just be the anatomy scan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)