The at home midwife delivered both of my sisters children which is where the drama starts. She is very opinionated and trying to convince me that spending the money is worth it. While I don't disagree an know that she is probably right my family is in a super tough spot financially because work for my dh has been really slow.
We are currently 21 weeks after three losses and a surgery we are having issues finding another doctor to take us on. My primary made some comments and I was irritated by them so we started looking for someone else. Because he is the top dr in our network any one who could take us is his associate and they won't. So between that and our history it pretty much screws us to find someone new.
I can't seem to justify making a huge expense decision until his work picks up and there is no telling when that will be. It's been a rough year so far and this past week I officially emptied our savings.
I understand where my sister is coming from but how do I choose between a home birth out of network at 1500+60% vs an in network hospital birth that would be covered 100%.
My sister is all natural all the time so naturally she feels home birth is the better option. What do i say to her to let her give me the chance to make a choice with out her shoving it down my throat.
My first birth I was induced with an epidural loads of pain meds and an episiotomy with the same dr I have now. These are all things I'd like to avoid. I didn't have a birth plan or consider natural birth so I don't even know how he feels about it. I was young and had no idea I had options.
Sorry this is so long and all over the place I just need some help and advice xoxo