Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

First Ultrasound?

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok so im just over 6 weeks and i have an appointment, my very first, next friday which will make me 7 weeks exactly. So i was wondering if i should expect to get an ultrasound or a sonogram or something where i can see my baby or at least hear the heartbeat. What do you ladies think?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Katie44
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:56 PM
I got one at 8w first appt was 6w
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I got one around 7/8 weeks. It really depends on the doctor and whether they have a machine in the office. It's pretty normal, now, to get one to date the pregnancy.

doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 12, 2012 at 1:03 PM

You'd have to ask your care providers since it varies.
   I don't expect it until about 20 weeks along but will check earlier on in the pregnancies.

Kaylahk
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM

OK thank you i just cant wait for friday

Luv.My.Soldier
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:09 PM
I had one at 6wks 3 days, but only because according to last period I shouldve been over 8 wks by then(ovulated late) my doctor said otherwise he wouldn't have done one til 8-10 weeks. I did hear the heartbeat but the only thing we could see was a tiny little spec that was the baby :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NotAsPlanned
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM
I would imagine so. My ob wouldn't see me until I was 8 weeks and then gave me a script that day for an ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy and due date. I got to see the heart beat at the ultrasound too! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy92
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Depends where you live and your dr ofcourse!

I got one at 7 weeks, 12 weeks, was suppose to go at 18 weeks but missed it. Then 23 weeks tell 32/33 weeks, one every week. I waa considered high risk though at 23 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girllovescamo
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Depends on doc and your insurance. With ds I had 2-one at 6 weeks to confirm due date-since I wasn't sure my last period was- and one at 20 weeks. This time I knew the date of my last period and only had one at 20 weeks.plus my insurance only covers one ultra sound unless truly medically neccassary. Gl at your apt!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaRaBaSsEtT
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Depends. My midwifes office only does one routinely at 18wks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)