Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

only allowed 15lb weight gain

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:49 PM
  • 51 Replies
Ok so im 5'6'' and weight is 182 since ive been pregnant(10weeksn2days to b exact) and havent gained any weight since my last visit which was about 6weeks ago b4 this last visit. my midwife wants me to only gain 15lbs n her ''excuse'' is i culd be at higher risk of diabetes high blood pressure etc the native american risks. Ok i admit those are valid reasons. But! Wat i wana kno is. .how the heck do i not gain over 15lbs?? Lol i love love my veggies i walk around alot n stay active with my kids n play. Anyone have other suggestions on how i can eat yummy food with hardly any sacrifice?? i don't wanna deny my baby's cravings. Although the thot of food does make me zick to my tummy i have to force myself to eat. Another thing i wont eat unless theres Mayo involved. Bad i know! And normally id b like EEEWW on mayo !! I try to stay at a distance from mayo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiDoMama
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Do your best to eat healthy foods and not junk, drink lots of water, and stay active. Do your best to be healthy and don't stress, stressing over it is worse than gaining a few pounds over,imo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAddie
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't over stress, just do your best and enjoy your pregnancy.

Love your screen name, btw. I have a huge thing for rockabilly guys (my weakness) and I'm 34 weeks preg with a little girl named Betty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Google "menu to reduce risk of GD and HBP"

rockabillybetty
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Junk!! :( its funny with this one i want Nothing! Its kinda odd. The junk n soda i can do without. Water is always refilled Nd purified the dad doesnt want me drinking from faucets. Playground and walking tracks here we come! Lol . Thank you for your reply :))

Quoting LiDoMama:

Do your best to eat healthy foods and not junk, drink lots of water, and stay active. Do your best to be healthy and don't stress, stressing over it is worse than gaining a few pounds over,imo.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiDoMama
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Then i think you are already heading in a good direction. :-) Now me when prego...oh boy pass over the cheetos lol. It's sometimes a struggle,lol.

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Junk!! :( its funny with this one i want Nothing! Its kinda odd. The junk n soda i can do without. Water is always refilled Nd purified the dad doesnt want me drinking from faucets. Playground and walking tracks here we come! Lol . Thank you for your reply :))

Quoting LiDoMama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Teehee thanx doll! greaserz are my weakness too which is why i locked one down nd had babies lol our frends are also greaserz n vintage betties including me :P the cars music makeup clothes the ebonics haha love it all. The word stress is not in my vocab i jus sat there like uuuh ha ha how do we do this?? Lol my pop was even like pfft from noew till the end??? O.o n chuckled. So im going about it humorously . Thank you for your reply :))

Quoting MommyAddie:

Don't over stress, just do your best and enjoy your pregnancy.

Love your screen name, btw. I have a huge thing for rockabilly guys (my weakness) and I'm 34 weeks preg with a little girl named Betty.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Lol omgaawsh poofy cheetos!! I wuld battle my kids for them. I had a hot cheeto n creamcheez attack not too long ago. I saw i ate i concurred the bed n snoozed.

Quoting LiDoMama:

Then i think you are already heading in a good direction. :-) Now me when prego...oh boy pass over the cheetos lol. It's sometimes a struggle,lol.

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Quoting LiDoMama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Quoting LKRA:

Google "menu to reduce risk of GD and HBP"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
While I agree with pp about healthy diet and such, try to take what your midwife said with a grain of salt.

Weight gain in pregnancy is extremely stressful...one week you eat barely anything & gain 5lbs, another you eat rough & stay the same. Stressing over it will drive you bonkers.

Have a happy pregnancy:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica181989
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Eat healthy. I have GD so I haven't gained much. I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and I've only gained 13lbs and I was 123lbs before pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)