Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Single and pregnant

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hello, my name is Rebecca I am 22 years of age and I am pregnant with my first child. I am single and having a very hard time with this. The father of my child is a low life dead beat who basically wants nothing to do with his son. I've decided on the name Aden James and he is taking my last name. I don't feel the father deserves to have the baby having his last name. I am worried if I will not have the money to take care of him alone, and am also worried the father can just come take the baby from me and not bring him back. I would like advice on what to do. Should I file for full custody as soon as the baby is born or should I let him fight when and if he decides to be in the child's life? This is the hardest thing I am going through. I am also diagnosed bi-polar, schizophrenia, depression, add/adhd and anxiety. Before I got pregnant I was on roughly 14 medicines and am now off of ALL of them. It is hard at times but I am so glad I am off of my medicines and actually am doing OK. The depression and stress gets to me a lot and I would like some mothers-to-be or mothers to talk to. I do have family and friends by my side I just feel so alone in this and would like some new friends to talk to.

-Please write back I would like to hear your feedback.

<3 Rebecca mother to be <3

by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group Rebecca!   I would start looking into WIC if you haven't already.  It will help with some food costs.  Also, as far as child support, I've never had to do such.  But, I would try to get it as soon as you can to help support your LO.  And, just know, you can do this.  ((hugs))

gacgbaker
by on May. 16, 2012 at 3:51 AM

Welcome to the group! 

I know my area has a pregnancy resource center that is a great support- I'm not sure if your area has one, but I know they are in several places.  I'd try to google "Pregnancy Resource Center" and your zip code and see what comes up!

minty1982
by on May. 16, 2012 at 3:58 AM
Omg im going through all the same thing u r talking about...may god help ur soon to be mothers
lovefromwithin
by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:38 AM

If he does sign the paperwork for the birth certificate I would definitely start filing for BOTH Child Support and Child Custody. As far as your situation with depression and such - as long as you are being treated for it all then that should look good on your part. Good luck!

momx7
by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:48 AM
Contact a legal aid office in your area and find a lawyer NOW to see what your options are. Don't wait until your son is born ( you may have to wait to do anything but at least you'll be one step ahead).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)