Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Random OPK question.......

Posted by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM
  • 6 Replies
So I've been on BC for about 4 months.....this month there's were some issues with my script at the pharmacy so I ended up getting my BC a week and half late so I just decied to skip this month. Anyhoo I'm on CD25; while cleaning up I came across my TTC kit (lol), so for the hell of it I decided to take an ovulation test, to my surprise the sucker popped up two lines, lol. So I'm puzzled because I figured that it would be a little too late to O at this point in my cycle but then I remember about the BC pills. My question is, would BC pills cause me to have a positive OPK???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
purvislets
by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Were the lines the same color?  Usually you will always get some kind of a line on an OPK, but it's only positive if the test line is as dark as or darker than the control line. 

Nika87
by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM
No....it was lighter!!!

Quoting purvislets:

Were the lines the same color?  Usually you will always get some kind of a line on an OPK, but it's only positive if the test line is as dark as or darker than the control line. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purvislets
by on May. 18, 2012 at 4:13 PM

If it was lighter then it was a negative OPK and doesn't really mean too much.  I always had the test line show up no matter when in my cycle I took the OPK, but they only count if it's dark.

Quoting Nika87:

No....it was lighter!!!

Quoting purvislets:

Nika87
by on May. 18, 2012 at 4:34 PM
I completely forgot those OPK's work like that, lol!!!! Such a duh moment!!!!

Quoting purvislets:

If it was lighter then it was a negative OPK and doesn't really mean too much.  I always had the test line show up no matter when in my cycle I took the OPK, but they only count if it's dark.

Quoting Nika87:

No....it was lighter!!!

Quoting purvislets:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purvislets
by on May. 18, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Lol we all have those moments! =)

Quoting Nika87:

I completely forgot those OPK's work like that, lol!!!! Such a duh moment!!!!

Quoting purvislets:

Quoting Nika87:

No....it was lighter!!!

Quoting purvislets:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on May. 18, 2012 at 5:21 PM

There will always be 2 lines on an OPK since you always have that hormone in your system. When the test line is the same color as, or darker than, the control line that's when it's positive. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN