Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Head down?

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:49 AM
  • 7 Replies
I am 39 weeks along today, this is my second baby. My first was born at 38 weeks. I am just wondering how you can tell if baby is still head down. I swear this little girl can still flip. I am having no braxton hicks, nothing. No uncomfortable pressure in my pelvis. I am really starting to think she is just not in position. Any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 21, 2012 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

You can do Belly Mapping or palpating. 

:-)

96% of babies get into the nice vertex position by 40 weeks so it's very likely it will be soon if not now.        And pre & early labor contractions are good to move, too.       Do you have a breech expereinced midwife/OB?    

nickigoingon8
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Ultrasound will show it or your doc can feel it with an internal exam. My last one was head down the whole time and flipped last minute to a breech position, but he was also my smallest baby and was # 7.

CafeMom Tickers
aidenmomplus4
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Usually you will start to feeling the baby move in your pelvis, kind of an uncomfortable pressure building down there, at least that is how it felt to me, and I always getting kicked higher up in my belly so . But if you get an US you'll know for sure.

heartnhidin
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Yea my first was always putting pressure down there and this one nothing at all. I had an ultrasound last week and she was head down so maybe she just didn't drop enough.

Quoting aidenmomplus4:

Usually you will start to feeling the baby move in your pelvis, kind of an uncomfortable pressure building down there, at least that is how it felt to me, and I always getting kicked higher up in my belly so . But if you get an US you'll know for sure.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidenmomplus4
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:17 AM

It could also be since it's the second one your pelvis is a little wider making it easier for her to be there, which is great news I'm sure, no one wants to feel pressure there lol

Quoting heartnhidin:

Yea my first was always putting pressure down there and this one nothing at all. I had an ultrasound last week and she was head down so maybe she just didn't drop enough.

Quoting aidenmomplus4:

heartnhidin
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:19 AM
I didn't think of that lol

Quoting aidenmomplus4:

It could also be since it's the second one your pelvis is a little wider making it easier for her to be there, which is great news I'm sure, no one wants to feel pressure there lol

Quoting heartnhidin:

Quoting aidenmomplus4:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN