Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone bf a toddler while pregnant?

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:20 PM
  • 22 Replies

I am 7 months pregnant with my second child, my first is 19 months and still nursing but not very much.

My son nurses first thing in the morning, when he naps, and for bedtime but that's all. Just 2 months ago he was nursing during the night and at least once more during the day.

Is anyone in this same situation, how much/many times a day does ur toddler nurse?

by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Mine weaned when my milk dried up around 12 weeks. He was almost 3 though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on May. 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Im not in the same situation but heres a bump for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoodleMum
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I'm 25 weeks and my 17 month old is still nursing :)  She's actually starting to nurse a little more since my colostrum is coming in, she was pretty much down to once a day.  It's just for comfort though, she's been on donor milk since about 6 months because of her tongue tie.  Still makes me happy though!  I'm hoping to tandem

Heather2001
by Heather on May. 25, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I got pregnant when my DS was about 15 months and nursed him until he was 21 months.  He weaned himself.

Innocencedreams
by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM
I'm 7 weeks pregnant and nursing my 19 month old. He isn't showing any signs of weaning, in fact he's nursing more than before. I'll nurse until he wants to wean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM

That is perfectly normal! : ) DS stopped nursing at 13.5 months, because he did not like the change in my milk. I became pregnant when he was ten months and worked hard to keep him nursing as long as I did. Also, it won't do any harm. Your body knows nutrients go to LO first, then to your milk, then you. : )

YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 11:27 PM
My son was 19 months when my daughter was born. He was down to 0-2 times per day. When my daughter was born he started nursing every 2-3 hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egrzesik91
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I am 14 weeks tomorrow and nursing my 18 month old 2x a day. Once at bedtime and once at bedtime. 

I am nervous as what to do when I need to get my son to sleep when I have the newborn. I don't want to feed both simultaneously..........

doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM

All the time, all day.     More than any other foods.

:-)

doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Quoting egrzesik91:

I am 14 weeks tomorrow and nursing my 18 month old 2x a day. Once at bedtime and once at bedtime. 

I am nervous as what to do when I need to get my son to sleep when I have the newborn. I don't want to feed both simultaneously..........

I did it for a year, it's not easy, but easier than weaning!   lol   And safer than other foods, so worth the effort, imo.

Have you read Hillary Flower's book on this subject?        Check it out!
;-)

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)