Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Can I stop gaining weight without harming my baby?

Posted by   + Show Post

I know I'm not supposed to "diet" as in depriving myself...   But I was already maybe 10-15 lbs over my ideal weight when I started, and have been gaining weight furiously this pregnancy... (Started about 140-  dr has me starting at 150, but he didn't weigh me till I was 8 wks and I know I had already gained at that point)  and I'm  now already 172lbs at 25 wks....    With my first I started at 130 and ended up 186...  I don't want to end up pushing 200! I'm only 5"2"!  Would it be ok if just through eating *lighter* and excersizing I just didn't gain anymore?  Or very little?

by on May. 27, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Replies (141-141):
baby2inflorida
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:42 PM

This is a silly and pretty agressive answer and quoting ! Se just said she did not want gain anymore weight, not that she did not want her baby to grow and be healthy ! Some women gain only 10 pounds the whole pregnancy and their baby is fine and normal size, which means they lost weight while their baby was growing normally.  And to me it's not selfish to want feel fine with yourself by not gaining tons of weight, plus she is wondering how to do it a safe way for her baby. Why are you reaction like that ? Why being anti diet for pregnant women ?

Quoting getoesuepastah:

u clearly said u wanted TO STOP gaining weight! which in order for that to happen the baby would have to STOP GROWING in wich case ud be giving birth to a 40 week baby whos the size of a 25 weeker!

Quoting earthmama727:

Selfish? WTF? It's not HEALTHY for me OR the baby to gain too much!  It's a HEALTH question, not a vanity question.  

Quoting getoesuepastah:

if by eating lighter u ean eating less than normal, then no!  u need to eat the correct amount for you alone, then add about 300 calories a day for the baby, worry about losing weight after the baby is born, dont be so damn selfish

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)