Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Birthing Plan

Posted by on May. 28, 2012 at 5:12 AM
  • 18 Replies

Does anyone have a good template or website that helps you create a birthing plan? I know what I want, just have to get it into writing.

by on May. 28, 2012 at 5:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pacificamom
by on May. 28, 2012 at 6:30 AM
2 moms liked this

http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/free-birth-plan

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2012 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck'
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2012 at 10:18 AM

There is an excellent book- Henci Goer's "Every Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth". She looks at the most common practices in L & D in the US through the eyes of reputable studies. It will help you determine which procedures you feel have merit and which you don't. A must-have for creating a knowledgable birth plan! : ) Also, here is a link to a great template for birthing plans! : )

http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/free-birth-plan

kris0921
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Bump I just wrote mine out with my son.

jen7865
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Idk either i wish someone could share theres so we could get a idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gracie-May
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:35 AM
I have no idea either!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Here is mine. 

I am still researching eye drops,  Hep B and Vit K and have not made a decision, yet.    

Labor and Delivery  

1) During vaginal exams, I do NOT want membranes stripped or swiped or swept or water broken without consenting to any of those procedures before hand. 111  

2) I will not discuss the option of inducing before 42 unless there is a medical need. I am flexible in doing NST at 41 weeks, to ensure baby is doing well.    

3) I am well versed on various medicines for pain relief (epidurals and IV meds). Do not offer them to me or ask me about using them. If I want them, I will make it known.   

4) I need to be able to eat and drink freely.   

5) I consent to a heplock, but not an IV drip, unless it is needed and we talk about what the drip is for.   

6) I will wear what I want.    

7) No internal vaginal exams except for when I come in and upon my request.   

8) I need to be able to move freely throughout the course of labor.   

9) I need to be able to birth in whatever position my body dictates, when my body dictates (not just because I am at a ten). I will work in conjunction with the midwife in choosing a position to decrease my risk of tearing or for baby to be stuck.   

10) I do not consent to belt monitors or internal monitors, as they restrict movement. I will consent to periodic doppler monitoring.   

11) I prefer a water birth, but am flexible on that as needs come up.   

12) I will sit on a birthing ball.   

13) No episiotomy.   

14) Joshua will "catch" if things are going well.   

After Birth   

1) Delay cord clamping, until after the cord stops pulsing and turns white.   

2) Direct skin to skin contact and nursing immediately after birth, APGAR score can be assessed as we nurse and weight and such can be taken later.   

3) Baby doesn't go anywhere without me or Daddy, for any reason. Baby will room in only. Baby will not get any shots or tests without our verbal agreement to the procedure beforehand.    

4) No bottles or paci's. Baby is exclusively breast fed.    

5) I will be the one to wash baby, well after nursing and bonding has taken place.   

6) Joshua will cut the cord.   

7) I will take my placenta with me.   

8) If baby is jaundiced, baby is to be kept with me doing skin to skin and nursing on demand, with us keeping an eye on their bilirubin.  

Quoting jen7865:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

louzannalady
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Here is mine. I created after I read Henci Goer's "Every Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth". Great book. 

I am still researching eye drops,  Hep B and Vit K and have not made a decision, yet.    

Labor and Delivery  

1) During vaginal exams, I do NOT want membranes stripped or swiped or swept or water broken without consenting to any of those procedures before hand. 111  

2) I will not discuss the option of inducing before 42 unless there is a medical need. I am flexible in doing NST at 41 weeks, to ensure baby is doing well.    

3) I am well versed on various medicines for pain relief (epidurals and IV meds). Do not offer them to me or ask me about using them. If I want them, I will make it known.   

5) I consent to a heplock, but not an IV drip, unless it is needed and we talk about what the drip is for.   

9) I need to be able to birth in whatever position my body dictates, when my body dictates (not just because I am at a ten). I will work in conjunction with the midwife in choosing a position to decrease my risk of tearing or for baby to be stuck.   

10) I do not consent to belt monitors or internal monitors, as they restrict movement. I will consent to periodic doppler monitoring.   

13) No episiotomy.   

After Birth   

2) Direct skin to skin contact and nursing immediately after birth, APGAR score can be assessed as we nurse and weight and such can be taken later.   

3) Baby doesn't go anywhere without me or Daddy, for any reason. Baby will room in only. Baby will not get any shots or tests without our verbal agreement to the procedure beforehand.    

5) I will be the one to wash baby, well after nursing and bonding has taken place.   

8) If baby is jaundiced, baby is to be kept with me doing skin to skin and nursing on demand, with us keeping an eye on their bilirubin.  

Quoting Gracie-May:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

jen7865
by on May. 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Thanks how do u plan on birthing ur baby

Quoting louzannalady:

Here is mine. 

Labor and Delivery  

13) No episiotomy.   

After Birth   

Quoting jen7865:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gracie-May
by on May. 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Thanks that helps me a lot! I'd got as far as who I wanted there, who I didn't, and the fact I don't want a c-section unless mine or my daughter's life is at serious risk.

Quoting louzannalady:

Here is mine. I created after I read Henci Goer's "Every Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth". Great book. 

Labor and Delivery  

13) No episiotomy.   

After Birth   

Quoting Gracie-May:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)