Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is DH going to your appts?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a very loving and devoted husband. He wants to go to appts and anything else he can be involved with; including a newbee class we attended last night. We are 6wk ish, married 7 months, together 3yr.

He works construction of sorts and will more than likely be 3 states west july to at least oct.; I try to make him feel better telling him it is common for the men to NOT go to appt. But was curious if I am making things up.

FYI; I have a huge support system and though I would love for him to be there at everyone it is not the end of the world. 

Is yours going? or Planning on going?

by on May. 31, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
wulfeyes05
by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:34 PM

When I was pregnant he probably went to two appt for both babies.

tabbie-kat
by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:35 PM

with our first pregnancy my husband wasnt always able to make it, we were just starting out and didnt have a vehicle so he had to work to make money and i had to have family take me. i went alone many times and a few was sent to the er to be admitted, all by myself. its not easy feet but it can be done. with our second pregnancy i wanted him to be there for the majority of them and he was. and with this pregnancy we were going to just have me go to the most of them except for like ultra sounds or something like that but our other vehicle isnt working right and im having a hard pregnancy so he has been taking me, then at our 20 week us/appt we found out that something was wrong and had to have another extensive us, were they told us our baby has a heart defect so he is adimet about being there so he can show me support and know whats going on. at the extensive ultra sound he wasnt going to be able to make it which made me nervous but gods will made it happen, because thats the day we got our bad news.

Clc092004
by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:37 PM
My df has gone to every appointment with me so far (I'm only 17weeks2 days) he does it because I'm terrified of doctors. And if it wasnt for him if probably go into a panic attack. Love him :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AKmom11
by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:37 PM
He's gone to all but two. And those were last minute appointments. He gets so excited about going. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kLynch315
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2012 at 4:40 PM
He did with our first but not this time. He went to the first one. He will go to the gender one, and any others I feel are super important but otherwise no. He has to work and can't miss a lot of days without using vacation time, which isn't much.
Heather2001
by Heather on May. 31, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine went to a lot of my appointments during my first pregnancy, but it's really not imperative that he's there so I like to make them when he's at work.  That way, we can spend his time off NOT sitting in a waiting room or doc office, haha.

skylersmom44
by on May. 31, 2012 at 11:07 PM
He went to all my appt.'s my first pregnancy and a couple the 2nd time. This time he has only gone to u/s's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:02 AM

My husband prefers to go, but I have had a few without him. I'm glad that he was not at the appointment yesterday, because the midwife and I got to talking about some very emotional things and I broke down and cried a lot. 

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:27 AM

My Husband went to most appointments with both my pregnancies. He went because I wanted him though, not because he cared that much about being involved.

hello_kitty25
by Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:30 AM

my bf is available to go, and doesnt always lol its very common for guys not to go! i can just tell him what happened when i get home! unless its an ultrasound, he does go for those!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)