Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NAMING! what should i do?- please respond!!

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

frustratedOK this is our first child we are due in sep with a boy.. i love love the name Riley that is "it" for me no other name we come up with is it for me well DH hates it!!  :( i have fallen in love with that name and dont lknow what to do.. i really want him to like it too!!!! have yall had this happen? what should i do?!?!

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Keep an open mind and keep looking! If dh absolutely hates it, it isn't the one. How would you like it if he loved a name you hated and insisted on it? You both made the baby, you'll both be using this name for the rest of your lives. Take a deep breath, calm down, let Riley go and move on. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PepperWillow
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:12 PM
2 moms liked this

You're nicer than me. I told DH that since I have to push them out I get the final say lol.

I think when they are growing inside of you you pick up on signs of what the baby should be named. Both of my sons names came to me while I was pregnant and stuck.

Duquesne
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:15 PM
That's our lot in life. ;) I think if the father is taking the responsibility to be a parent, it's just as much his child as it is mine. :P

Maybe you can find a compromise! The right name is out there. :)

Quoting PepperWillow:

You're nicer than me. I told DH that since I have to push them out I get the final say lol.

I think when they are growing inside of you you pick up on signs of what the baby should be named. Both of my sons names came to me while I was pregnant and stuck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
937mrsweaver
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:15 PM

yea we have other names just they dont "speak" to me the way Riley does.. well girls wish me luck! lol

PresleyLove
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:16 PM

sing him the O'Reileys auto parts song... then he will :)

nerdymom28
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I think you're just going to have to keep an open mind and be willing to compromise. Maybe you guys can come up with something together that you'll like even more! Thankfully, you still have some time to think about it.

L8ly3196
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:16 PM
I'm due with my first in July. Twice I had chosen a name and there was NO other name I would accept lol but as time went on I heard other names and my heart and mind changed. Keep an open mind.
If your mind doesn't change tell hubby youre carrying and birthing the baby and that is what his name will be lol. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:18 PM
You just need to keep looking for a name that really jumps out at both of you as the one.

Don't worry. It will happen. And you will know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:56 PM

This made me giggle.

As for the name thing. My husband and I fought about names with this one. The other two seemed easier. We both had no idea for our first. We read every name in the baby book and came up with one we both liked. As for our daughter be both loved Emma. We argued over the middle name. I don't remember how we reached Leigh. Anyways with this one I was in love with the name Gabriel. My husband hated it. So I went through and read every name. He didn't like any of them. On a trip to visit my parents and our friend Travis. I started to literally see the name Travis everywhere. We stopped for lunch at a sonic. Nothing sounded good to me so I told my husband I was going to walk two blocks in the other direction for DQ. When I got there I looked up and I was on Travis st. lol. When he came to pick me up. I said what about "Travis Gabriel." He said that the name Travis had sort of been sticking with him as well and that he liked Gabriel as a middle name. So that is how our fight ended up. lol. Maybe throw around ideas. Also, how about throwing on the movie National Treasure and National Treasure 2?

Quoting PresleyLove:

sing him the O'Reileys auto parts song... then he will :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured