Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Miscarriage***updated 6/15 5:30 pm*

Posted by   + Show Post
HaHave any of you had one? If so how did it start. I think I may be having one but can't see Dr till Tuesday...I started with light pink/brownish when I wiped last night. It has gotten worse more dark in color brownish/blackish/reddish (sorry tmi and confusing) no cramping, yet. Dr said if it stays dark all could be OK but I can't help assume the worst. If I am pregnant I'm 5 weeks 5 days today so he said it would come like a heavy period.....this has never happened to me so I don't know what to look for, what's OK and what's not.

UPDATE: THEY DID AN U/S AND DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING. ER DOC IS TALKING TO MY OB RIGHT NOW, MY HCG IS ONLY 81 SO ITS VERY LOW. SINCE I GOT HERE TO THE ER MY BLEEDING HAS INCREASED AND IS DEFINITELY RED NOW, I'm ASSUMING I AM IN FACT MISCARRYING AS I ALSO STARTED HAVING SOME CRAMPING. I GUESS ILL HAVE TO TRY AGAIN FOR BABY #2. I WANTED TO THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORTIVE WORDS AND PRAYERS IT MEANS MORE TO ME THEN YOU KNOW. ESPECIALLY SINCE ONLY DH AND MY BEST FRIEND KNOW ABOUT ANY OF IT, IT FEELS GOOD TO KNOW PEOPLE THAT DON'T EVEN KNOW ME CARE. THANK YOU LADIES AGAIN FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Replies (11-20):
TurtleMomma82
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:15 AM

With this pregnancy, I've had lots of dark red/brown spotting.  Baby is fine and I'm 12 weeks now.  With the miscarriage I had a long time ago, it was immediate lots of bleeding and the worst cramping I'd ever had with lots of clotting.  

I'm surprised they are making you wait until Tuesday!  I'd call and say you need to be seen immediately....good luck!  Update when you can.

garcia24
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Does it only happen after intercourse? This pregnancy at around 6 weeks i had spotting for 2 weeks on and off. I was sooooo worried because of my previous m/c. I went to a clinic and they told me the wouldnt do an ultrasound because i was bleeding and sticking something up there could have gave me an infection. I cried every night thinking the worse but hoping for the best. After a couple weeks the spotting stopped. Yesterday i had a dr visit and babys heart beat is healthy. I never did know what caused me to spot. My prayers go out to you, you will be fine!
Hisservent
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:17 AM

are you positive in how far along you are? Have you had an u/s yet? It's possible it could be a chemical pregnancy (if you haven't had an u/s yet to find the sac). But anything before 6 weeks, there's nothing that they can do and usually just let you bleed it out. Have you taken any pregnancy tests today? 

Christian wife and mother  

in lovetoddler boy toddler girlexpecting boy

TJ and Amy   Aaron Thomas     Olivia Grace    Stephen Edward

Kennadismom
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Hisservent:

are you positive in how far along you are? Have you had an u/s yet? It's possible it could be a chemical pregnancy (if you haven't had an u/s yet to find the sac). But anything before 6 weeks, there's nothing that they can do and usually just let you bleed it out. Have you taken any pregnancy tests today? 

They did an u/s last week at 4 weeks 4 days but he said it was still too early to see anything or I might not be as far along. I've had 9 pos tests. Most recent yesterday at like 4 pm spotting started around 7:30 pm. Dr not in office till Tuesday so I have to wait till then
Kennadismom
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Quoting garcia24:

Does it only happen after intercourse? This pregnancy at around 6 weeks i had spotting for 2 weeks on and off. I was sooooo worried because of my previous m/c. I went to a clinic and they told me the wouldnt do an ultrasound because i was bleeding and sticking something up there could have gave me an infection. I cried every night thinking the worse but hoping for the best. After a couple weeks the spotting stopped. Yesterday i had a dr visit and babys heart beat is healthy. I never did know what caused me to spot. My prayers go out to you, you will be fine!

Haven't had sex in almost 2 weeks so def not that
Kenzismommy09
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Yes. When I first noticed it it was really dark then just got lighter in color then darker again but I went to the ER right away when I noticed it.

Quoting Kennadismom:

Quoting Kenzismommy09:

With my first pregnancy I had a lot of dark/ old blood and everything turned out fine. Usually dark blood is not a bad thing. Hopefully things work out for you :)

Even if its brownish/blackish/with red in it?? I'm trying not to get my hopes up but also trying not to panic either :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lbechel
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM
I am 11 weeks and have dark brown discharge too.. Also with my first I had bright red blood a day after I had sex and it was just a blood vessel that burst because kf the sex.. Good luck I hope everything is okay..
Kennadismom
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Quoting TurtleMomma82:

With this pregnancy, I've had lots of dark red/brown spotting.  Baby is fine and I'm 12 weeks now.  With the miscarriage I had a long time ago, it was immediate lots of bleeding and the worst cramping I'd ever had with lots of clotting.  

I'm surprised they are making you wait until Tuesday!  I'd call and say you need to be seen immediately....good luck!  Update when you can.

Just went to the bathroom. Its all still dark in color with some red...more brown/black/dark tho....not sure what to make of it
busymommabear
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I would see if they can at least get you in for a blood draw to check your HCG levels. Have you had them checked yet? This way they can have something to compare to, to see if the levels are dropping.  

I miscarried twice and they were very different.  Three, actually. I didn't know I was pregnant with the first. I thought it was a bad period but ended up in the hospital. I had very low, almost non existent levels of HCG by then so they said it 'could've been' a miscarriege.  The second was in 09 and it was horrible. I spotted for a day, pink, then brownish and mucousy.  Had a blood draw the next morning, high HCG levels. Thought maybe everything was ok until later that day. Cramping from dinner time until about midnight.  Woke up and the bed was full of blood, super bad cramps, it was like going through labor again. I passed everything at home by 6am.  The second miscarriage was in April of this year.  I had spotting for days that was much like the other one but no cramps. I still felt pregnant, still had all the other symptoms; sore boobs, nausea, fatigue....Then the spotting was more dark brown and the Dr. said it could be old blood, not to worry. I had a blood draw and my HCG was over 31,000 and I was 9 weeks.  Ultrasound showed no baby in utero and a small gestational sac. Dr. said this one was a blighted ovum. I was going to wait it out to see if I could pass everything on my own again but my husband was upset and didn't want to see me go through it again so I had a D&C. The first one was fast but very painful. The second was taking forever and was more emotionally painful than the first. 

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope that it's just some spotting and that everything is ok.  Some people spot all the way through their pregnancies. From what I'm told, the brown color usually means old blood. Is it coming at a time when you would normally have a period? Call your Dr.'s office. The nurses are there for you and will answer any questions you have. But I would definitely get a blood draw soon. Good luck, momma!

Hisservent
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I mean, honestly, it sounds like a chemical to me, especially if you're still bleeding. Either way, it's still a loss and I'm so sorry. I know how you feel.

take a test today and tomorrow and see if they get lighter. They may and they may not. I've known some women to bleed for a few days and the tests are still dark. My test were neg before I started bleeding though. I knew something was wrong when they weren't getting very dark. Which is why I took like 2 a day for 4 days. On the 4th day, I got the pos digi but the line tests were still somewhat faint. But you can still have a chemical with dark tests, too.

Quoting Kennadismom:

Quoting Hisservent:

They did an u/s last week at 4 weeks 4 days but he said it was still too early to see anything or I might not be as far along. I've had 9 pos tests. Most recent yesterday at like 4 pm spotting started around 7:30 pm. Dr not in office till Tuesday so I have to wait till then

Christian wife and mother  

in lovetoddler boy toddler girlexpecting boy

TJ and Amy   Aaron Thomas     Olivia Grace    Stephen Edward

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)