Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

i constantly feel like i'm having

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:14 AM
  • 4 Replies

braxton hicks contractions. i have a history of preterm labor with my first pregnancy (this is my 2nd), and last night i thought i was actually having real contractions, they were about 8-10 minutes apart for about an hour or two. the pain was a little bit more intense than a mild menstrual cramp. it honestly felt like the contractions i was having when i was in active labor and was 5 cm dilated. i finally went to sleep, and they didn't return when i woke up. but ever since a couple days ago, i feel like my stomach always feels achey/crampy, and that it has a full/heavy/hard but not like braxton hicks hard, feeling. it kind of feels tight but not like the semi-intense tight it gets with braxton hicks.

i was still dilated from when i had my DD who's now 2, until i got pregnant this February. my cervix always stayed open about a finger's length, which i guess would be 1 cm? idk if that's because i had a child, or because i had an IUD at my 6 week PP check-up... or a combination of both. well my DF said he can't feel my cervix when we have sex because it's so high up. i haven't tried to feel for it either, but now it has me wondering if it is at all any dilated. should i go ahead and do a cervical check?.. or try anyway?

by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AugustMidge
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:17 AM

When is your next appointment? If its too far maybe you should just call your doc, or go get monitored to be safe. I have been in PRE-TERM labor with child number two since 25 weeks, with child number one it started 19 weeks. 

I err on the side of caution and go get evlaluated. 

halinichols
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:21 AM

it is on the 26th, 10 days. i will be 20w6d then. my clinic is 45 mins away and i don't have transportation to go before my appointment. i may go ahead and call monday though.. or i was thinking of seeing if she could at all possible give me a cervical check on my 26th appt.

i am currently taking 17P shots to help prevent preterm labor, but i have only taken one shot so far considering i started them last week.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Your cervix will always be slightly open after having a child. It is closed up higher but the tip is open. Your cervix also moves higher during sex. You could do a cervical check, but since you haven't been checking, you won't really know the difference. 

Try drinking a lot of water and taking a warm bath. If you start having contractions again that last more than an hour or so, call your doctor.

halinichols
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

he used to feel my cervix low all the time. he calls it the "ring", i guess it felt like a ring to him lol. but since i became pregnant it has moved higher. i will drink more water, i've kind of been slacking and i know dehydration can cause contractions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)