Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How does nipple stimulation help bring on labor? I have heard it causes contractions but...

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:04 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ive been doing it for 2 days and theres no increase in my contractions but i lost my plug today so i assume im dilating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Owl_Feather
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:05 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skmehlebam
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Ive read its not really effective.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnmo3bb
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Same reason nursing helps your uterus contract back down to normal... I think it releases a hormone... But some women tandem nurse so I don't think it brings on labor for everyone...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaydensmomma707
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:07 AM

if babys not read yot come out nipple stimulation is not going to help! Some women nurse their other child the whole pregnancy with no problems.

NikkiAtkinson
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Ahh... I did it with both boys and delivered the next day.. The book I got it from said to do it for an hour.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy06and09
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Is that an hour straight? Ive read so many diff ways and tried them all with no changes in frequency of my contarations.

Quoting NikkiAtkinson:

Ahh... I did it with both boys and delivered the next day.. The book I got it from said to do it for an hour.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
phdesertbunny
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Its the oxytocin that is released with nipple stimulation, sex or the drug potocin to induce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chi_moma
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:33 AM

DH and I have tried nipple stimulation 4 times and nothing. Not even a tiny BH contraction, I think it just depends on your body and baby if it'll work or not

SaraSnider
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM
When i hit 34weeks i will start with inserting these lil vitamin pills to help my cervix soften when its ready, then start walking more, also after 37weeks i will be eating spicy food,then i will do nip stimulation with my pump lol i will not be induced by my dr ever again haha. I also have a doula that will help naturally induce me. Im only 22weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChelseySpelsey
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Have sex if you wanna get baby out. Lol trust me it works!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN