Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

poop during labor

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:19 AM
  • 542 Replies
1 mom liked this

hahaha

* well okay so i having been hearing alot lately from mommas that you can poop during labor! and like im so nervous and scared, like thats my worse fear is to be pushing and my hubby  his mom & my mom in the room and there watching all of a sudden i poop!! haha i told my hubby about this and he laughed & said well its natural and im not gona say anything at all & promise i will not tell anyone or bring it up if you ever do!! lols thats great in all but i dont want it to happen!! i cant even pee with him in the room or when we go camping with him right there! so some one tell me has this happen to you?? and what your feel about it? feel free to post annoymous. =)

by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-pepperidge-
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:20 AM

i didnt poop! haha!

just before my epidural i pretty much emptied out everything!!

Kriztiibee
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:23 AM

haha but did you feel like you were going to or fart haha honestly im terrifed ill be more scared of that happening rather than being scare of the pain of labor hahaha

Quoting -pepperidge-:

i didnt poop! haha!

-pepperidge-
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:37 AM
2 moms liked this

there was not a thought going through my mind at all about that! I was too focused on what was really going on! haha

Quoting Kriztiibee:

haha but did you feel like you were going to or fart haha honestly im terrifed ill be more scared of that happening rather than being scare of the pain of labor hahaha

Quoting -pepperidge-:

i didnt poop! haha!

doulala
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:44 AM
3 moms liked this

What kind of birth experience do you want?

You mentioned a few attending the birth, it will affect your labor (poop or not).     You can think of it like you want to be comfortable enough to fully surrender in labor the same as you would to poop or orgasm.

;-)

Lots of women poop and it IS normal and expected.    I have done it and seen it, no one ever cares (except the mom, maybe, for some reason, lol.)

doulala
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:47 AM
10 moms liked this

When you are doing things Right, all heck will come flying out!
;-P

EXPECT to poop and fart and pee and leak blood and all kinds of stuff---    just expect to.   If you don't then fine.      But it may happen....   normal.

Quoting Kriztiibee:

honestly im terrifed ill be more scared of that happening rather than being scare of the pain of labor hahaha
Akie
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 7:14 AM
14 moms liked this
Well ill say this... I pooped and it was the absolute last thing I was thinkin about... Actually I laughed about it after I got done pushing sayin to my husband what's that smell? Did I poop... He got a strange look on his face and said yeah... Then we both died laughin... It's normal and everyone that is gonna be in the room know that... And it will be the last thing they r worried about... U will be fine...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsWilmot
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 7:19 AM
Totally normal. Happened to me with two of my four kids. It was embarrassing but oh well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bfonteboa07
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 7:22 AM
I pooped. As Alien said it's the last thing that's on your mind. All I know I felt relieved when I did and when holding her. It was after the fact I realized it happened. But it's perfectly normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aussiechic
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this

if it were annoymous i would share..... :/

Candace8609
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
w my first, i didnt. my second ds i did but not during labor. when his head came down, it slipped some poop out and i felt it. i was scared bc i felt it come out and this was a hr or so after my epi!!! so i was afraid my epi wasnt working. lol. drs and nurses go thru it all the time. u will be so caught up in the moment that u wont care or even think about it :) i was scared of pooping when pushing out my first ds. right after i had him, i even asked every one if i pooped. they said no and i got excited. lol. the nurses laughed at me :P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)