Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

a little nervous about friday

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:15 PM
  • 27 Replies
Friday is my scheduled repeat ceserean. I'm fighting for a vbac, so I don't have plans to show up. Today was my pre-op appt at the hospital. I was blessed with getting the schedulers voice mail yesterday to cancel it lol!! So far no call back. Friday is a bit different because my doctor will be the surgeon. So if I dont show up like todays pre-op appt I hope he doesnt call and threaten me. I want to enjoy this part of pregnancy while it lasts. I'm hoping baby will arrive before Friday to avoid any stress lol. Wish me luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:18 PM

The more you stress and the more you're harassed over it, the more likely you are to delay going into labor on your own. :)

How far along are you? Are you taking measures to keep comfy, calm, relaxed? 

Owl_Feather
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm 38 weeks and 3 days! Tell me about it lol. I have been more relaxed lately since a meeting with my doula and my body and baby has shown me how helpful that has been :) especially today! I think I had some bloody show but I'm not sure. And lots of pressure on my cervix shows my baby has finally dropped

Quoting Pandapanda:

The more you stress and the more you're harassed over it, the more likely you are to delay going into labor on your own. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tracy200712
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:33 PM

they wont let you try for a vbac? i am trying for a vbac my ob was nice enough to shdule a c section on july 23rd way away from my due date which is july 19th so i can have time to go into labor!! did they give you a reason why you could not have a vbac?

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Good luck! Have you told your doctor your plans? 

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM

You've got this. Don't even worry about a c-section. ;) Give your body time. It knows what it's doing!

<3

Quoting Owl_Feather:

I'm 38 weeks and 3 days! Tell me about it lol. I have been more relaxed lately since a meeting with my doula and my body and baby has shown me how helpful that has been :) especially today! I think I had some bloody show but I'm not sure. And lots of pressure on my cervix shows my baby has finally dropped

Quoting Pandapanda:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
Owl_Feather
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Because my hospital has a di facto ban and he wants to do a rcs before I chance going into labor on my own. Yet, he is somewhat vbac friendly. The previous hospital he worked for allowed vbacs for some time. We had a long discussion. He even told me (which technically he wasn't supposed to) if I want a vbac, to show up pushing or birth at home. My doula told me to negotiate and agree to a rcs at the end of 40 weeks but I wont bother because it will go in one ear out the other. I'm sure he knows/assumes I wont show Friday based on my protest. I signed a consent form UNDERVA LOT of pressure but I can still refuse the surgery.

Quoting tracy200712:

they wont let you try for a vbac? i am trying for a vbac my ob was nice enough to shdule a c section on july 23rd way away from my due date which is july 19th so i can have time to go into labor!! did they give you a reason why you could not have a vbac?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tracy200712
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM

oh i see!!! yeah my doctor was all go for mine i dont understand why some hosiptals are so werid about them to be honset my ob thinks that a vbac is safer than a rcs and it is from what i have read as well but if my vbac dont succed then i will be having a rcs but which ever way i am ready

CafeMom Tickers
AriMommy
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I'm sending lots of happy vibes your way that you go into labor on your own this week and have your baby the way YOU want! :)  Good luck to you.  Keep us all updated.

Owl_Feather
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Outdated information. Even though ACOG has approved TOLAC's and VBAC's hospitals continue to ban them. My dr fed me the uterine rupture scare tactic. The risk of rupturr is under 1% and can happen to ANYONE; even healthy first timers. More risk is definately associated with repeats! The warning list on the rcs paperwork they gave me is long! Stuff like hemorraging and infection.

Quoting tracy200712:

oh i see!!! yeah my doctor was all go for mine i dont understand why some hosiptals are so werid about them to be honset my ob thinks that a vbac is safer than a rcs and it is from what i have read as well but if my vbac dont succed then i will be having a rcs but which ever way i am ready

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caseri
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Ok. I need to know what a VBAC is?! Lol this group is the first time I have heard of it.
Also, do u ladies have specific reasons for planned C-sections?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN