Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Subchorionic Hemorrhage/Hematoma and gender... BOY or GIRL?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:33 PM
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you have a boy or girl and were diagnosed with a SCH (see title for full name)?

Options:

Had SCH & had/having a boy!

Had SCH & had/having a girl!

Had SCH & had/having both boy and girl (same or separate pregnancy)

Have SCH but don't know gender yet!

Didn't have SCH but spotted with my boy

Didn't have SCH but spotted with my girl

Didn't have SCH but spotted with both boy and girl pregnancy

Didn't ever spot or have SCH

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

Okay, so I had slight spotting with my two boys and was diagnosed with this and then again with this pregnancy but not with my girls so as far as I know I didn't have it with them... I have yet to see a case of it happening with someone having a girl, except once it was a boy/girl twin but that counts as a boy hehe...

anyway when I was reading about HCG levels I read that your levels go up faster with a girl so I thought if that can be different and a lot of woman say they are sicker with one gender vs another, maybe this is one of those things that is most common with a boy... what do you think?

pregnant   
Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things [food & clothing] shall be added unto you.

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jadsmummy
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:23 PM
It has NOTHING to do with gender! All these old wives tales new gender theories based on what colour is this or that where the placenta is sheesh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnmo3bb
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I don't believe in the OWTs... I was thinking this actually had something to do with the hormones of the boy gender or maybe that the HCG level rises slower... 

Quoting jadsmummy:

It has NOTHING to do with gender! All these old wives tales new gender theories based on what colour is this or that where the placenta is sheesh!

pregnant   
Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things [food & clothing] shall be added unto you.

Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:37 PM

my 1st pregnancy was a boy. I had no bleeding or spotting whatsoever. this pregnancy I had heavy bleeding and sch. don't know what I am having yet. 

Chasesmum3109
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:43 PM
i has a sch with my son. Dr said it had to do with male hormone, but doesnt happen all the time. So who knows, but i really believe it happens more with boys then girls. I bled all the way up to 18 weeks every day. Then went to the bathroom and saw a clot in the toilet and didnt bleed after that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnmo3bb
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Yea I tried searching and couldn't find anything online saying more boys vs girls but everyone that said they had it said boys... I had it with my two boys so I am anxious to see if this little one is a boy as well! I have an ultrasound scheduled for July 2nd. I will be exactly 18 weeks :)

Quoting Chasesmum3109:

i has a sch with my son. Dr said it had to do with male hormone, but doesnt happen all the time. So who knows, but i really believe it happens more with boys then girls. I bled all the way up to 18 weeks every day. Then went to the bathroom and saw a clot in the toilet and didnt bleed after that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chasesmum3109
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:08 PM
aww good luck to you!!! Are you bleeding at all??

Quoting mnmo3bb:

Yea I tried searching and couldn't find anything online saying more boys vs girls but everyone that said they had it said boys... I had it with my two boys so I am anxious to see if this little one is a boy as well! I have an ultrasound scheduled for July 2nd. I will be exactly 18 weeks :)

Quoting Chasesmum3109:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnmo3bb
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:13 PM
I spotted from 6 to 8 weeks. Not alot but more than my other two boys. Was diagnosed with SCH at a 6 week ultrasound. I am fine now. It was heavier with activity. I am now back to normal activity.

Quoting Chasesmum3109:

Quoting mnmo3bb:

Quoting Chasesmum3109:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chasesmum3109
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM
aww well i hope everything turns out ok for you!! And its good that its tapering down. Keep me posted if its a boy or a girl.

Quoting mnmo3bb:

I spotted from 6 to 8 weeks. Not alot but more than my other two boys. Was diagnosed with SCH at a 6 week ultrasound. I am fine now. It was heavier with activity. I am now back to normal activity.

Quoting Chasesmum3109:

Quoting mnmo3bb:

Quoting Chasesmum3109:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnmo3bb
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Thanks I will update after I find out!

Quoting Chasesmum3109:

aww well i hope everything turns out ok for you!! And its good that its tapering down. Keep me posted if its a boy or a girl.

Quoting mnmo3bb:

Quoting Chasesmum3109:

Quoting mnmo3bb:

Quoting Chasesmum3109:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't know about the hcg levels with girls. That's interesting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)